Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Nursing here isn't for everybody. Instead of seeing a handful of patients each day, your work may affect millions for years to come. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life's best work.
Positions in this function require various nurse licensure and certification based on role and grade level. Licensure includes LPN / LVN, depending on grade level, with current unrestricted licensure in applicable state. Positions this function include LPN / LVN roles responsible for overseeing and participating in day to day clinical care of patients. Must have a designated work space inside the home and access to high - speed internet availability (not satellite).
- Create a positive experience and relationship with the patient
- Keep member actively engaged with their primary physician
- Proactively engage the member to manage their care
- Provide member education
- Support transitions of care
- Help to keep members compliant with their care plans
- Partner with care team (community, providers, internal staff)
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 3+ years of experience in hospital, acute care, medical clinic or direct care environment
- LPN / LVN and the ability to obtain licensure within the states being serviced (MN, MO, LA, GA)
- Ability to utilize a Windows PC and learn new applications easily
- Must have a designated work space within the home that will be secluded and away from distractions
- Ability to work Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 6:00 pm in local time
- Must reside within a commutable distance to Atlanta, GA, Maryland Heights, MO, or any UHG Office
- Experience in a Primary Care Physician's office
- Experience working with Electronic Medical Records
- Previous experience in a telephonic customer service role or making / answering calls with regard to healthcare
- Bilingual English and Spanish
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: LPN, nurse, medical, customer service, healthcare, UHG, Optum, Atlanta, Maryland Heights, MO, GA