Department:OH1PV_54825_000 Mcmg Big Run Internal Medicine
Expected Weekly Hours:36
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we work to continuously inspire one another. Here, all are welcome. It is this culture of humility and compassion that sets Mount Carmel apart. We see the big picture and do the right thing. That means a dedication to the well-being our both our colleagues and the patients they serve.
Job Description Details:
Our professional nurses are truly the heart and soul of Mount Carmel. It is their resilience, humility and determination that drive positive patient outcomes. To support you, Mount Carmel provides continuous opportunities for personal balance, professional opportunity and clinical growth. Our culture of shared governance and collaboration creates an environment that puts the focus on what’s truly important – our patients and the communities we serve.
The Licensed Practical Nurse, functioning in the spirit of teamwork, under the direction of a provider or Registered Nurse is accountable for the delivery of patient care utilizing the Nursing Process within the standards, policies, procedures, and guidelines of Mount Carmel Health.
- Prepares patient charts for appointment: files results of tests, procedures and ensures chart completeness.
- Measures and records vital signs, Records patient interview and history
- Prepares patient for examinations, routine screening tests, procedures and performs phlebotomy and obtains lab specimens as ordered
- Documents patient care observation and activities according to professional standards and procedures.
- Graduate from a credited School of Practical Nursing
- Current License to practice as a Practical Nurse in the State of Ohio
- Professional, customer friendly and team oriented
- Self- Motivated, independent, organized, able to prioritize work
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us!
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or physical ability.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.