Do you want to make a positive impact on the lives of children and adolescents? If so, you could become a part of a team creating meaningful, independent and productive lives for those individuals that we serve.
Being a LPN/RN has its Advantages
As a LPN/RN at Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health, you will work with other dedicated professionals who share your passion for helping individuals in need. We offer:
- Opportunities to learn and grow in the Behavioral Healthcare field.
- Mentorship from experienced clinical leaders
- Comprehensive training in crisis prevention/intervention, trauma informed care, CPR, first aid, and cultural competencies
- Flexible schedules that can work with school, family commitments, or other employment
- Competitive shift differentials for evenings and weekends
- Devereux will pay for your CEUs through our partnership with the Lippincott Nursing Center website, which provides a wide range of educational resources to earn state licensing required CEUs.
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health Florida provides programs and services for children and adolescents who face significant emotional, behavioral and intellectual/developmental challenges. Based out of Viera, FL, this position is responsible for ensuring client care by providing medications, ensuring regular medical checkups, and keeping medical file updated, as well as keeping an open line of communication with clients’ family and medical staff (doctors, therapists, other nurses, etc.).
About Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health is one of the largest and most advanced behavioral healthcare organizations in the country. Informed by the latest advancements in science and medicine, we combine evidence-based interventions with compassionate family engagement to help change lives. We were founded in 1912 by special education pioneer, Helena Devereux. Today, Devereux is a national nonprofit partner for individuals, families, schools and communities, serving many of the most vulnerable members of our society in areas of autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities, specialty mental health, and child welfare.
Our Mission: Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health changes lives – by unlocking and nurturing human potential for people living with emotional, behavioral or cognitive differences.
We employ more than 7,500 staff and operate 15 centers in 13 states. We offer a comprehensive national network of clinical, therapeutic, educational, and employment programs and services that positively impact the lives of tens of thousands of children, adults and their families every year.
Our Culture, Our Expectations
At Devereux, we strive to incorporate servant leadership into our culture and every aspect of our organizational framework; from the delivery of quality services to individuals served, their families, and other stakeholders to the development and empowerment of our employees. We offer challenging and exciting work, and our supportive team environment creates an empowering and positive atmosphere. To be successful in our work environment, you will put the needs of others first, and will feel called to serve, and called to lead.
Competitive Salary and Benefits
In addition to a competitive salary, Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health provides a comprehensive health and wellness program to eligible full-time employees, family members and domestic partners. Our health and wellness programs include medical (including medical care via phone, web, app), dental, prescription drug, preventative care, mental health services and an employee assistance / work-life balance program. In addition, we offer tuition assistance, generous time-off and a 403(b) retirement plan with matching benefit, along with voluntary/employee paid vision, supplemental life and accident coverage to full-time employees.
Click here to see why we are a great place to work: http://benefits.devereux.org.
Keywords: licensed practical nurse, lpn, mental health, residential care, psychiatric care, behavioral health, medication administration, documentation, electronic health records, clinical, direct care, certified nursing assistant, practical nursing, patient care
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required
- Associate’s Degree or Diploma required
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (strongly preferred)
- Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Florida required
- Registered Nurse in the State of Florida Preferred
- Must be able to complete a one-week new hire orientation class (Monday - Friday); hours are approximately 9:00am to 5:00pm each day
- Other Requirements:
- 2 Years of nursing experience or previous experience working in another position with the DJJ, IDD, or Psychiatric population in a group home or residential facility required
- Valid Florida driver's license