LPN -Willingboro/ Cherry Hill, NJ
Primary Location: NJ-NJWillingboro-2 Pheasant Ln
New Jersey MENTOR
Description REM NJ is seeking a LPN to provide prescribed medical treatment and personal services to at-risk youth population under the direction of a Registered Nurse (RN) or physician in a group home environment.
This LPN will be splitting time and resources between out Cherry Hill group home and our Willingboro group home.
We are looking to fill to fill FT hours.
- Provides consultation, guidance, training and supervision to staff to ensure the effective implementation of medically related services as prescribed per program, physician or specialist plans, service plan and/or state regulatory standards as license permits.
- Participates in the development and implementation of service plans and supervises inconjunction with the physicians, the medical components of the plan.
- Provides technical assistance to Mentor staff regarding the medical care issues, along with operation and maintenance of durable medical equipment.
- Reviews medication error forms, analyzes errors and makes recommendations for procedural changes.
- Provides input regarding health care services to be included in each individual’s service plans.
- Monitors and ensures follow through of all medical and dental appointments in conjunction with management.
- Conducts quality assurance checks on the health care records and tracks immunization for consumers.
- Completes health assessments and nursing care plans according to program requirements.
- Implements programs regarding toxic chemical storage in conjunction with management.
- Coordinates, organizes and/or assists with household activities such as light housekeeping and meal preparation, as required.
- Transports individuals receiving services to planned and/or necessary activities and appointments, as required.
- Maintains confidentiality, respects human rights and practices universal precautions in accordance with The MENTOR Network policy.
- Actively attends and participate in team meetings, conferences and field supervision.
- Performs other duties as required
- Two year college degree in nursing or related field or state certificate
- One year of experience working with mental health population served in a nursing capacity
- Must have confidence working with challenging behaviors
- Current LPN/LVN licensure for state of residence
- Other education and experience plus licensure as required by state such as CPR/FA, HIV/AIDS certification, BBP and ACT training
Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services in more than 30 states to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses, and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families.