LPN -Willingboro/ Cherry Hill, NJ
Primary Location: NJ-NJWillingboro-2 Pheasant Ln
New Jersey MENTOR
- Provides consultation, guidance, training and supervision to staff to ensure the effective implementation of medically related services as prescribed per program, physician or specialist plans, service plan and/or state regulatory standards as license permits.
- Participates in the development and implementation of service plans and supervises inconjunction with the physicians, the medical components of the plan.
- Provides technical assistance to Mentor staff regarding the medical care issues, along with operation and maintenance of durable medical equipment.
- Reviews medication error forms, analyzes errors and makes recommendations for procedural changes.
- Provides input regarding health care services to be included in each individual’s service plans.
- Monitors and ensures follow through of all medical and dental appointments in conjunction with management.
- Conducts quality assurance checks on the health care records and tracks immunization for consumers.
- Completes health assessments and nursing care plans according to program requirements.
- Implements programs regarding toxic chemical storage in conjunction with management.
- Coordinates, organizes and/or assists with household activities such as light housekeeping and meal preparation, as required.
- Transports individuals receiving services to planned and/or necessary activities and appointments, as required.
- Maintains confidentiality, respects human rights and practices universal precautions in accordance with The MENTOR Network policy.
- Actively attends and participate in team meetings, conferences and field supervision.
- Performs other duties as required
- Two year college degree in nursing or related field or state certificate
- One year of experience working with mental health population served in a nursing capacity
- Must have confidence working with challenging behaviors
- Current LPN/LVN licensure for state of residence
- Other education and experience plus licensure as required by state such as CPR/FA, HIV/AIDS certification, BBP and ACT training