There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Nursing here isn't for everybody. Instead of seeing a handful of patients each day, your work may affect millions for years to come. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Case Manager is responsible for managing acute and skilled inpatient and outpatient populations of patients with complex and serious problems requiring special healthcare needs. These include elderly patients, high-risk OB, transplants, complex HIV/AIDS patients, pediatrics, and chronic conditions such as CHF, COPD, diabetes and cardiac disease. Individual services are coordinated for patients whose needs include ongoing medical care, home health & hospice care, rehabilitation services and preventive care services.
- Manages a case load of complex patients
- Oversees the population management cases that are managed by the case management assistant
- Works collaboratively with the patient, physician, family members and providers of healthcare to implement plans of care to meet the individual needs
- Works collaboratively with discharge planners at the affiliated hospitals and case management staff at the contracted health plan offices Identifies acceptable care options to the patient and family, utilizing the Case Management Society of America (CMSA) standards. Coordinates resources to reduce fragmentation of services and facilitate the achievement of realistic treatment goals
- Provides patients with education and training regarding specific health care needs
- Creates individualized treatment plans
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
- Current LVN license in the state of California
- 2+ years of Clinical Nursing experience in an acute inpatient setting
- Previous Inpatient Case Management experience
- Managed Care work experience
- Certified Case Manager - CCM
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
AppleCare Medical Management Group. The multispecialty medical group of independent practices has expanded into new communities, contracted with more hospitals and health plans, and added over 50 new doctors - but the mission has remained the same. Today, AppleCare Medical Management is comprised of hundreds of board-certified private-practice, independent physicians. Collectively, our physicians have been serving the Southeast area of Los Angeles and Northern Orange County for decades, providing their medical expertise and passion to improving the health of our communities.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: LVN, Case Manager, inpatient, acute care, complex care, managed care, discharge planning, CCM, La Palma, CA, California