Let’s talk about meaningful work, an important role and a career move that can transform your future. At WellMed, a part of OptumCare and the growing UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we focus on prevention and the complete coordination of care for our patients. Join us and you’ll be part of a team dedicated to patient-centered, safe and effective health care. Your skills and talents will make an important impact on our patients while you open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization.
- Support Disease Management and Chronic Care Program requirements for medical group/health plan members
- Act as an educator, resource and advocate for members and their families to ensure a maximum level of independence
- Empower patients through the use of motivational interviewing skills, problem solving and self-management goal setting
- Identify patients with high risk diagnoses such as CHF, IHD, COPD/asthma and diabetes and ensures clinical guidelines are being followed
- Conduct visits and review the patient’s informal and formal support systems, focusing on what patients want to improve and educating them about their chronic disease
This role requires you to travel to multiple work locations and deal with patients with a variety of acute and chronic illnesses. You must be able to adapt to any situation while remaining positive and productive.
- High School diploma or GED
- Licensed Vocational Nurse with a current license to practice in the state of employment
- 2+or years of experience in a physician’s office, clinical or hospital setting
- Cardiac, medical-surgical and/or critical care experience
- Knowledge of chronic diseases, especially COPD/asthma, diabetes, CHF and IHD
This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diptheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor's diagnosis of disease
- Knowledge of managed care, referral processes, claims and ICD-9 and CPT coding
- 5+ years of experience in a physician’s office, clinical or hospital setting
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) language proficiency
- Clinical licensure
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 240,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Licensed Vocational Nurse, LVN, Chronic disease management, chronic illness, disease management, chronic care, preventative care, Seniors, Clinic, healthcare, health care, Georgetown, Texas, TX