DescriptionHumana’s Corporate Development team is looking for high potential candidates who are looking to accelerate their career development and contribute to driving disruption in the health care industry.
Humana’s Corporate Development team is a part of the Office of the Chief Strategy and Corporate Development Officer, which is Humana’s end-to-end strategic growth enablement function. The Office is composed of several teams which collectively own setting the strategic direction for the company, accelerating the strategy through mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, strategic partnerships, and venture investments, managing the execution of the strategy, integrating assets, and driving value capture. Recent work includes:
• Partnered with private equity to purchase Kindred at Home and Curo Health Services, which created the nation’s largest Home Health and Hospice company, and accelerated Humana’s broader strategy to transform the delivery of healthcare in the home (Named Private Equity Deal of the Year)
• Launched strategic collaboration with Walgreens to test innovative care models at retail, including in-store health navigation and senior-focused, value-based primary care
• Made minority investment and deepened strategic relationship with Iora Health, a leading technology driven, value-based primary care start-up
• Launched Conviva, a leading payer agnostic value-based primary care provider, by consolidating Humana’s collection of owned and JV primary care assets in Florida and Texas under a single physician-driven brand and innovative structure and operating model
This opportunity is located at Humana’s headquarters in Louisville, Kentucky.
Humana’s Corporate Development team is a high-profile, high impact group that works with Humana's top leaders to identify and execute against inorganic opportunities to accelerate our strategy. In Corporate Development, you will help source transformational M&A opportunities and execute the deal process from discovery to due diligence to signing. The Corporate Development team frequently meets with management teams of potential M&A targets and regularly works with Humana’s CEO and CFO to evaluate and discuss strategic M&A opportunities. Day to day activities will include researching potential transaction targets, coordinating due diligence activities, financial modeling, and preparing deliverables for Humana’s senior leaders and Board of Directors.
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong record of academic achievement (i.e., strong GPA, academic awards); finance, accounting, business, engineering or technical focused major preferred, but not required
- Two to five years of relatable work experience; finance, accounting, business, engineering or technical focused experience preferred, but not required
- Strong attention to detail, problem solving skills, and a demonstrated ability to perform complex qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Proven leadership ability
- Strong interpersonal and written/oral communication skills
- Commitment to innovative thought, strategic thinking, and making a difference
- Healthcare experience is preferred, but not required
Scheduled Weekly Hours40