The person in this position operates mechanical equipment to assemble, repair, and fabricate metal parts.
- Perform all tasks connected with locomotive major repair, rebuild, and diagnostics; perform internal inspections of engine components and ensure policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Perform electrical testing and repair, including testing and replacing printed circuit cards; diagnose electrical problems in both power circuits and control circuits.
- Perform welding repairs and new-metal fabrication as part of the repair or construction of all equipment and locomotives.
- Perform all air brake cleaning and testing as specified by FRA standards and company policy.
- Use locomotive wheel truing equipment and understand the operation of drill press and lathes.
- Operate, repair, adjust and clean heating equipment (engine-house boiler and related equipment).
- Keep records and reports in accordance with FRA regulations and company policy.
- Assist with other projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED, two years of related experience and training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Genesee & Wyoming Inc. and its subsidiary companies do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Creve Coeur, Illinois, United States