Scrubs & Beyond is hiring a Magento Developer in St. Louis at our Home Office.
"We are inspired every day by the dedicated professionals we serve. Your work is why we’re here and we offer sincere thanks." Karla Bakersmith | President & Founder
We are currently seeking a full-time Magento developer to join our team. Applicants will be expected to provide examples of work, if available, and may be asked to complete a coding challenge. We are a Magento Enterprise 1 environment but looking to begin the migration to version 2 during the second half of 2018. We have 2 multi-million web stores & are looking to grow aggressively thru Omni-Channel & B2B integrations.
Essential Job Duties
- Duties would primarily consist of developing new projects built using the Magento platform
- Leading ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimization strategies
- Write custom extensions
- Identify quality community extensions
- Architect new Magento bids
- Demonstrate regular attendance and timeliness
To execute the job duties of our Magento Developer you must be able to perform each and every one of the above essential job duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Solutions-oriented thinking; always looking for the smart solution to a problem rather than jumping at the first answer
- A preoccupation with staying on top of industry trends and technologies
- A desire to be personally responsible for production-level code
- Ingenuity to leverage all available tools at your disposal
- Flexibility to work overtime
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years PHP & Zend web development experience
- Minimum of 3 years real-world, e-commerce experience with Magento development in the last 2 years
- Firm grasp of Git-based source control
- Competent with PHP object-oriented programming & MVC applications
- Competent with MySQL-based database concepts
- Familiarity with automated deployment strategies
- Expert understanding of Magento's code structure, extension architecture, theming hierarchy, and fallback components
- Expertise in authoring and extending Magento extensions
- Thorough experience in customizing Magento's front-end components using layout XML, blocks, and templates
- Thorough knowledge of vanilla Magento feature set and configuration
- Competent knowledge of e-commerce data organization and relationships
- Store catalog (categories/products/attributes)
- Sales orders (quotes/orders/invoices/shipments/credits)
- Competent in web services integrations (REST/SOAP)
- Comfort working with Linux-based systems
- Redis &/or Varnish Competencies
- Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Magento Certification is a huge plus
- In-depth knowledge of PCI/PA-DSS compliance issues
- Experience in ERP integrations with Magento is a huge plus
- Experience with caching and scaling techniques
- Experience in multi-store, multi-lingual, or multi-currency e-commerce implementations
- Experience with CSS preprocessors like SASS/LESS
- Experience with Zurb Foundation
- Contributions to the open-source community
- This job is primarily sedentary work. Must be able to remain in a stationary position at least 90% of the time.
- Occasionally move about the office.
- Manual dexterity to constantly operate a computer and other office equipment
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Constant close visual acuity to view a computer screen.
- Auditory acuity to perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
- Constant communication to exchange accurate information
- Must be able to work under stress
The physical demands listed above are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Scrubs & Beyond, LLC is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse work force at all levels of the business thereby creating a culture that allows us to better serve our customers, our associates and our communities. Scrubs & Beyond will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.