DescriptionThe Mail Operations Pharmacy Technician 2 accurately fills and counts medications. The Mail Operations Pharmacy Technician 2 performs varied activities and moderately complex administrative/operational/customer support assignments. Performs computations. Typically works on semi-routine assignments.
Assignment: Humana Pharmacy
Location: Glendale, AZ office for 6 months then work at home in AZ
Shift: Monday-Friday 11:30am-8:00pm (12:30pm-9:00pm in the fall/winter Daylight Savings), and will include rotating Saturday shifts between 7am-4:30pm approximately once every 4 months.
This role is eligible for a $500 hiring bonus to be paid out after 180 days of employment (must be employed with Humana at that time to receive the payment).
Humana's Specialty High Touch Pharmacy team is hiring experienced certified pharmacy technicians for full time career opportunities in a fast paced work environment. As a member of the High Touch team, you will work with Complex Care/Rare Disease Medications for chronic and complex disease states such as Hemophilia and Hereditary Angioedema, and see them through from the inception of the prescription to the delivery of the medication. Responsibilities include:
- Data entry
- Taking inbound phone calls from members and prescribers
- Problem solving with infusion pharmacists and nurses to deliver accurate prescription information
- Coordinating field nursing for home administered medications
- Coordinating supplies needed for home administration
Humana offers outstanding benefits, including health insurance starting on your first day of employment and the opportunity to work from home after proven success in the role. Other benefits include over 4 business weeks of PTO annually, an excellent 401k matching plan, eligibility for Go365 - a wellness program to improve your health and reward you with gift cards or prizes for healthy behavior, and a fun work environment.
- Pharmacy Technician licensed in Arizona
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (PTCB certified)
- Strong data entry skills
- Ability to solve problems and encourage others in collaborative problem solving
- Self-directed, but also able to work well in a group
- A positive, proactive attitude, energetic, highly motivated and a self-starter
- Work ethic that is focused, accurate and highly productive
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi task efficiently
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to comply with Humana’s tobacoo-free policy in the state of Arizona (see below for more details)
- 1-2 years of experience as a Pharmacy Technician in a hospital, home health, specialty pharmacy, or infusion pharmacy
- Experience with Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy (REMS) Medications
- Have an understanding of infusion medication and supplies
- Previous phone or call center experience
This is a 40 hour work week position with overtime as needed, working the following schedule: Monday-Friday 11:30am-8:00pm (12:30pm-9:00pm in the fall/winter Daylight Savings), and will include rotating Saturday shifts between 7am-4:30pm approximately once every 4 months.
The following policy applies ONLY to associates working in the state of Arizona: Humana is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment and to promoting the health and well-being of its associates. Effective July 1, 2011, Humana has adopted a tobacco-free hiring policy that will promote a healthier workplace and will not hire users of tobacco and nicotine products. If you have any questions, please consult with your recruiter.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40