Takes maintenance request calls by phone, logs each call, and assigns a maintenance request ticket to the appropriate craftsperson. The Dispatcher will also communicate with crafts personnel via the communications system.
- Keep an accurate daily log of all called in maintenance requests.
- Disseminate maintenance requests quickly and accurately as to assignment of craftsperson.
- Collect specific information and communicate it on written maintenance request.
- Process and track maintenance request routing and perform monthly inventories of requests.
- Enter maintenance request data and other information into the computer.
- Ability to recognize emergency situations and identify and notify necessary staff as dictated by the situation.
- Use the communications system effectively to communicate with crafts personnel in the field.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Use and knowledge of word-processing, data entry or computer spreadsheet applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- An understanding of the various Xanterra South Rim departments, their facilities and functions.
- A working knowledge of the physical layout of Grand Canyon National Park Lodges.
- An understanding of the crafts trades functions and their responsibilities as they pertain to the maintenance functions.
- Ability to learn and properly operate communications system.
Low-cost in-park housing provided. Discounted meals; Medical/Dental/Vision health plans available; 401K; Drug-free workplace. Employment history verified. Background checks/Drug test required. Xanterra is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Woman/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply.