The Facilities Maintenance Dispatcher receives and dispatches maintenance request calls by phone, email or radio and creates maintenance work orders in a computer maintenance management system or “CMMS”.
- Fully understand and support Xanterra Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Communicates professionally, effectively and clearly face-to-face, written, and radio communication with all levels of staff and management.
- Ensure all information contained in a maintenance request is complete, accurate and in a consistent established format.
- Dispatch maintenance requests quickly and accurately based on assigned priority to the appropriate craftsperson.
- Ensures dispatched work orders go to the appropriate craftsperson(s) or to supervision for review.
- Clear completed work orders in the system and maintain “current” status for maintnence request system input. Ensure maintenance personnel provide accurate accounting for time and material associated with closing maintenance requests.
- Recognizes and escalates priority orders that have a high impact on the company’s ability to operate to standard when appropriate, Process purchase orders needed to secure parts and equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean, organized and efficient work area.
- Fills in as Tool Room Attendant as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a valid Arizona Driver’s License, and be able to comply with the Xanterra/GCR Company Vehicle Policy.
- Must have basic working knowledge of MS Office Programs (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Understanding of the various Grand Canyon Railway departments, their facilities and functions.
- Knowledge of the physical layout of Grand Canyon Railway.
- Understanding of the crafts trades functions and their responsibilities as they pertain to the maintenance functions.
- Experience with INFOR/EAM or any maintenance management application system is a plus.
- Verbal comprehension (Understand oral and written communications, follow detailed directions)
- Communication skills (provide clear instructions/directions)
- Reasoning skills (problem solving and troubleshooting skills)
- Work safely to prevent on the job accidents and injuries
- May be required to work in all inclement weather conditions.
- Work safely to ensure company equipment is secure.
- Wear protective equipment as required by the job duties.
- Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek, overtime, and various shift work as needed.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly standing, walking, sitting, handling, wrist motion, bending/ stooping, frequently handling and reaching outward, and occasionally reaching above shoulder, squatting bending and kneeling, ascending and descending ladder.
- Occasionally carrying, bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, and pulling items weighing up to 50lbs.
- Constantly listening, hearing, seeing, and speaking.