Join the First Transit team as Maintenance Manager and supervise the maintenance and repair of buses and support vehicles to contract requirements. We hire individuals who make safety and customer service their top priorities. If you have the drive, confidence, and determination to succeed, we are looking for you!
NOTE: The following position is for proposed new business within First Transit.
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Competitive salary based on experience & qualifications
- Career advancement opportunities - Advance your career nationwide within First Transit, Greyhound, First Student, or First Vehicle Services divisions!
- Excellent benefits packages with paid holidays & vacation, medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan.
- Ongoing training
- A great work environment!
Maintenance Manager responsibilities:
- Schedules and administers fleet maintenance and assists in troubleshooting problems with vehicles and equipment.
- Communicates availability of vehicles for service with dispatchers and operations department.
- In relation to subordinates, is responsible for employment decisions, training and development; planning and directing the work; disciplining; handling employee complaints or grievances; and handling performance reviews.
- Ensures that technicians are trained on current operating procedures, are properly equipped, and are motivated so that the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely and cost-effective manner.
- Works closely with the location and region management teams providing maintenance status and budget updates. Reviews financial and budget variances and accounts payable documents.
- Ensures a safe environment exists and all maintenance activities are in compliance with State, Federal and Company requirements.
- Initiates and implements projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
- Supervises bus fueling, building and grounds keeping.
- Completes special projects as assigned. Required to perform hands-on work activities.
Maintenance Manager job requirements:
- Technical training preferred
- Valid driver's license; CDL preferred
- 7 - 10 years of hands-on mechanical supervisory experience in shuttle transportation
- Direct automotive, diesel or alternative fuel repair experience
- Leadership and team-building skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- ASE Certifications strongly preferred
- May require lifting of up to 50 lbs.
- Subject to background check and drug screen.
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.