Oversee crews in the performance of track maintenance. Responsible for oversight of both the maintenance and repair activities surrounding the M/W job or project functions. Responsibilities include training of employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Major duties & Responsibilities:
- Directs and manages the day-to day activities of the M/W crew.
- Interfaces with others to ensure efficient and organized operations of the railroad along with the maintenance of the track.
- Enforces compliance with safety procedures; use of PPE keeping required records.
- Monitors and closely controls all maintenance and other related costs associated with M/W work.
- Assists to ensure department meets its track, signal and capital projects service goals.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 -3 years related work experience
- Experience with heavy hand tools; previous work experience outdoors
- CDL preferred; must have valid driver’s license.
Genesee & Wyoming Inc. and its subsidiary companies do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Greenville, Mississippi, United States