Fleet Maintenance Shop Supervisor
Join First Transit as a Fleet Maintenance Shop Supervisor. This individual must have the ability to effectively work and communicate with employees and customers. Requirements include daily safety inspections, minimal reworks, and maintaining production standards.
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Competitive Salary Based on Experience
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- A comprehensive benefits package including company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment
Fleet Maintenance Shop Supervisor major responsibilities:
- Schedules and administers fleet maintenance, assists in troubleshooting problems with equipment. Communicates availability of vehicles for service with dispatch, maintenance manager and/or other operations personnel.
- Supervises maintenance operations. Plans and distributes the work. Delegates responsibilities as appropriate and monitors performance. Involved in reviewing personnel actions (e.g., hiring, promotions and discipline), and recommending appropriate actions to management.
- Works closely with location manager providing status of maintenance and budget requirements. Reviews repair orders.
- Ensures compliance on a day-to-day basis with State, Federal and Company requirements.
- Ensures all company safety policies and standards are followed and conducts daily safety meeting.
- Must have working knowledge of the principles, techniques and practices of servicing and repairing vehicles and equipment; drive trains, suspensions and braking systems, heating and air conditioning, electrical, air, hydraulic and other related systems; the use and operation of tools and machinery used in vehicle and equipment repair work, the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade.
- May order parts, and subcontract repair work. Performs monthly inspections of ladders, fire extinguishers, first aid kits, eye wash stations and spill kits.
- Required to perform hands-on work activities such as repairs and maintenance of trucks and heavy equipment.
- Identifies and recommends actions to improve operating efficiency.
- May arrange services for building and grounds keeping or complete other projects as assigned,
- Maintains an open line of communication with customer.
Fleet Maintenance Shop Supervisor job requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent; Technical training preferred
- Posssess Valid CDL with Passenger and Airbrake endorsements
- Previous direct diesel repair experience required; transit bus preferred
- Previous CNG experience required
- 3+ years of hands-on mechanical supervisory experience preferred
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Must be computer literate with experience in operating fleet management information systems and have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Access
- Industry experience repairing and maintaining diesel engines
- ASE Certifications are preferred.
Become a part of our team – Apply today!
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.