Under direction from facilities manager, oversees team leads and team members on daily work assignments. May supervise up to 20-25 or more team members and will direct the activities of team leads. Overall responsibility for the first and second shift maintenance, including repairs and any installation required in the maintenance department.
- Direct, develop and train a staff of team members, including team leaders
- Conduct department team members daily and weekly meetings
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Ensure daily and weekly PM’s, logs, and checklist forms are maintained
- Travel to other buildings as needed for repairs on equipment
- Process daily employee paperwork (i.e. attendance, vacation, request for time off, etc.) and forward
to facilities manager.
- Administer appropriate discipline for violation of any policy/procedure
- Promote an environment of open lines of communication with staff members
- Respond to emergency repairs of equipment and warehouse equipment to minimize production downtime
- Coordinate and partner with the facilities manager to resolving warehouse maintenance issues
- Organize and manage inventory of power tools and supplies being used in the shop.
- Provide technical input and support as needed in the implementation of special projects
- Effectively supervise and schedule personnel and equipment resources to accomplish projects
- Manage and control maintenance and repairs expenses to budget numbers as directed by facilities manager
- Purchase and control of warehouse parts and supplies
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.