Fleet Maintenance Supervisor
Become a part of our First Transit team as a Maintenance Supervisor and supervise the maintenance and repairs of buses, other vehicles and equipment to contract requirements in branch. We hire individuals who make safety and customer service their top priorities. If you have the drive, confidence, and determination to succeed, we are looking for you!
At First Transit, we are proud to offer:
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America.
- Comprehensive benefits packages with paid holidays & vacation, medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment!
Shop Supervisor responsibilities:
- Schedules and administers fleet maintenance; assists in troubleshooting problems with equipment. Communicates availability of vehicles for service with dispatch and other operations personnel.
- Repairs and maintains diesel, and CNG, engines and bus equipment
- Supervises maintenance operations. Plans and distributes the work and monitors performance. While involved in reviewing personnel actions (e.g., hiring, promotions and discipline), all such actions are further reviewed and approved by higher management
- Ensures compliance on a day-to-day basis with State, Federal and Company requirements. Ensures a safe environment exists and that all maintenance and related activities are in conformance with company policies and regulatory requirements.
- Works closely with Maintenance Manager providing status of maintenance and budget requirements. Reviews work orders for completeness
- Ensures that maintenance technicians are trained on current operating procedures, are properly equipped, and motivated so that the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely and cost effective manner.
- May order fuel for all vehicles, order parts, and subcontract repair work.
- Maintains bus out of service sheet and related form in INFOR. Monitors and assigns deferred work as required. Communicates with operations and schedules PM’s and Client inspections
- Identifies and recommends actions to improve operating efficiency
- Completes quality control checks (QCC) and LEAN/5s audits weekly
- Completes special projects as assigned. Required to perform hands-on work activities.
Shop Supervisor requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent; 2 year college degree or technical training preferred
- 5+ years of hands-on mechanical supervisory experience
- Industry experience repairing and maintaining diesel engines; CNG, LNG engines and bus equipment is preferred
- Possess CDL Operator's license
- May require lifting of 50 to 75 lbs
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- ASE certifications preferred
- Subject to background check and drug screen.
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.