Do you have specialized skills in eletric. Are you seeking a consistent and structured work schedule?
As a Maintenance Specialist/Eletrician at Devereux Adult Services, you will work in a supportive environment that will not only allow you to use your skills but will also provide you an opportunity to improve the lives of the individuals we serve. We offer opportunities to learn and grow professionally and benefits for FT employees after successful completion of a 90 day probationary period.
This position will be responsible to:
· Demonstrates the skills, knowledge and ability to effectively diagnose and address maintenance and eletrical issues.
· Completes daily work assignment and work orders.
· Skilled at using appropriate equipment and materials for assigned jobs.
· Purchases materials from local purveyors, ensures economical and efficient use of materials
· Participates in on-call rotation.
· Knowledge and implementation of general industry standards and Department safety procedures.
· Monitors work area to consistently meet regulatory and safety standards.
· Identifies existing or potential safety hazards for Center buildings, grounds, and equipment and reports to appropriate staff.
· Knows and understands the importance of comprehensive documentation and assures completion of documentation.
· Maintains equipment and tools in proper working condition and ensures proper storage.
· Operates equipment and tools in accordance with established safety standards.
· Remains aware of safety and building regulations in performing repairs, replacements, etc.
· Operates maintenance vehicles and performs routine maintenance to ensure safety
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health Adult Services provides programs and services for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Our main campus is located in Berwyn PA. Our dedicated team of over 600 staff ranging from highly-specialized clinicians and nurses to recreational and direct staff professionals, all work to one common goal the happiness, self-fulfillment and social integration of each adult in our community. As a maintenance specialist you will Performs duties of a plumber and/or general maintenance worker in a professional manner to provide for the safety and maintenance of Center's buildings and grounds, under direct supervision of Maintenance Foreperson.
About Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health is one of the largest and most advanced behavioral healthcare organizations in the country. Informed by the latest advancements in science and medicine, we combine evidence-based interventions with compassionate family engagement to help change lives. We were founded in 1912 by special education pioneer, Helena Devereux. Today, Devereux is a national nonprofit partner for individuals, families, schools and communities, serving many of the most vulnerable members of our society in areas of autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities, specialty mental health, and child welfare.
Our Mission: Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health changes lives – by unlocking and nurturing human potential for people living with emotional, behavioral or cognitive differences.
We employ more than 7,000 staff and operate 15 centers in 13 states. We offer a comprehensive national network of clinical, therapeutic, educational, and employment programs and services that positively impact the lives of tens of thousands of children, adults and their families every year.
Competitive Salary and Benefits
In addition to a competitive salary, Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health provides a comprehensive health and wellness program to eligible full-time employees, family members and domestic partners. Our health and wellness programs include medical, dental, prescription drug, preventative care, mental health services and an employee assistance / work-life balance program. In addition, we offer generous time-off policies and a 403(b) retirement plan, along with voluntary/employee paid vision, supplemental life and accident coverage to full-time employees.
Click on the following link to see why we are a great place to work: http://benefits.devereux.org.
Keywords: eletrician, maintenance, eletrical
High School Diploma or GED required, diploma's acquired outside of the US must be evaluated
3 year experience in the electrical field.
Must be at least 21 years of age
Have a valid driver's license