Join the First Transit team as a Fuel Island Service Employee!
This position fuels buses, manages parts and equipment, and coordinates the flow of buses to ensure safe operation for Johnson County Transit! First Transit provides CDL training!
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Competitive wages starting at $15.50/hour
- Paid CDL Training!
- Full Time Shift: 4:30 pm to 1:00 am Monday-Friday
- Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence across North America
- Comprehensive benefits package with company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, 401(k) savings plan, etc.
- A great work environment!
Service Worker major responsibilities:
- Opens the gates to the lot and checks bus parking areas to ensure all can be dispatched in a timely manner. Re-positions any buses that may impede the traffic in the yard.
- Opens the fuel island, takes accurate stick and meter readings, and turns in inventory sheets at the end of the day.
- Notifies management when a fuel delivery is required and ensures that accurate stick readings are taken before and after delivery.
- Checks and fills the oil, antifreeze, power steering, transmission fluid, brake fluid, windshield washer fluid and belts on buses being fueled.
- Maintains adequate inventories and supplies to make minor repairs and facilitate the washing of buses.
- Checks tires for damage and proper air pressure.
- Inspects all buses regularly for physical damage.
- Performs light interior and exterior maintenance on buses or trucks as required (tasks such as seat repair, two-way radio installation and replacement, AM-FM radio installation and replacement and antenna installation and replacement, mirror adjustment and replacement, jump starting buses and lamp replacement)
- Picks up and delivers parts and buses as needed.
Service Worker Requirements:
- Valid driver's license; Possess or have the ability to obtain CDL (We train!)
- Previous fueling or vehicle service experience preferred
- Ability to learn maintenance skills
- Ability to ensure safety
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Subject to background screen, motor vehicle record check, and drug test.
Become a part of our team - Apply Today!
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.