Join the First Transit team as Maintenance Utility / Bus Service Worker!
The Maintenance Utility Worker performs minor non-safety critical repairs under the supervision of maintenance staff. First Transit employs people who are committed to providing our customers with the highest levels of quality and customer service. We deliver what we promise.
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Competitive hourly wages based on experience and qualifications
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- Comprehensive benefits packages including company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment!
Maintenance Utility Worker major responsibilities:
- Perform vehicle servicing including changing fluids and filters and lubricating equipment
- Replace bulbs
- Remove wheels and tires
- Clean and detail facility and the interiors and exteriors of vehicles
- Repairs floors , seat backs, and coverings, mirrors and some exterior panels
- Add and remove decals
- Manage parts
- Complete other maintenance tasks assigned by supervisor.
Maintenance Utility Worker requirements:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid driver's license; CDL Class B or ability to obtain in 90 days
- Previous bus maintenance, fueling, cleaning and detailing experience preferred
- Some technical ability preferred
- Ability to learn maintenance skills
- Subject to background check and drug screen.
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
Join Our Team - Apply Today!
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.