Maintenance Utility Worker - Bus Cleaner / Fueler
The Maintenance Utility Worker cleans interiors and exteriors of revenue vehicles, support vehicles, and facility work areas. This position is also responsible for fueling all vehicles and checking fluid levels when necessary.
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Competitive Hourly Wages
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- Comprehensive benefits packages including company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment!
Maintenance Utility Worker major responsibilities:
- Perform vehicle interior cleaning, including, but not limited to ceilings, lights, windows, walls, seats, floors, doors, step wells, dashboards, modesty panels, and mirrors.
- Perform vehicle exterior cleaning to include, but not limited to the removal of dust, dirt, grease, and oil from all exterior surfaces, bumpers, and wheels manually or by driving through automatic equipment.
- Inspect vehicle interiors and exteriors for defects and report to shift supervisor.
- Inspect vehicle fluid levels and top off as needed.
- Fuel vehicles safely and in an environmentally sound manner.
- Revenue collection.
- Record vehicle mileage daily.
- Empty trash cans.
- Safely operate shop equipment such as fork lifts, floor scrubbers, pressure washers, and other tools by following verbal and written instructions.
- Maintain a safe, clean, "team" oriented environment.
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- Keep accurate records
Maintenance Utility Worker Requirements:
- Valid Driver's License is required
- Previous bus cleaning, detailing, and fueling experience preferred
- Diesel mechanic experience preferred
- Ability to work in all weather conditions and hours assigned
- Must have the ability to maneuver into small spaces and areas required to perform repairs, cleaning as well as general maintenance of vehicles.
- Must have the ability to climb, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl when required.
- Must have good visual ability in order to complete tasks.
- Be able to read and write and speak English.
- Subject to background check (including driving record) and drug screen.
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
Become a part of our team – Apply today!
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.