Community Options, Inc. is a national non-profit agency providing services to individuals with disabilities in 11 states. We believe in the dignity of every person, and in the freedom of all people to experience the highest degree of self-determination.
We are in search of a Part-Time Maintenance Worker to maintain and repair the residences of the individuals that are supported by our organization.
Starting Rate: $15/hr
- Develop a schedule of basic maintenance tasks.
- Complete required maintenance tasks in a timely manner.
- Ensure that repairs are made in compliance with local laws and licensing authority regulations.
- Install, troubleshoot, and repair:
- Household items including, but not limited to: appliances, fans, lights, etc.
- Structural components of residences including, but not limited to: flooring, carpets, paneling, doors, etc.
- Perform basic home maintenance tasks such as: painting, spackling, and basic electrical or plumbing work.
- Advise supervisor when an outside contractor may be necessary.
- Review contractor estimates to ensure that the estimates accurately reflect the required repairs and reasonable job costs.
- Follow OSHA guidelines for safety and the proper handling of such tools.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Minimum 2 years' related experience.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Understand basic math calculations needed for taking measurements on home repair duties.
- Ability to work safely with hands and power tools.
- Have a basic understanding of disabilities and the ability to work with people in their homes in a positive and professional manner.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 75 pounds
- Ability to climb ladders
- Some travel required by automobile with employee subjected to changing weather conditions
- Employee has possible exposure to injury from use of power tools
What We Offer:
- Generous Paid Time Off after 3 months of employment
- Paid Holidays
- 403b with Employer Match after 1 year of service
- Comprehensive benefits including: Medical, Dental, and Supplemental Insurance options
- Career/Professional Growth Opportunities
- Various Employee Discount Programs
Community Options is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If interested, please click Apply Now or send resume to: email@example.com