Department:OH1FC_88600_000 Women's Health Services
Expected Weekly Hours:0
Position Purpose:An affiliation of Mount Carmel and Fairfield Medical Center, Diley Ridge Medical Center is a state-of-the-art medical complex that includes emergency, inpatient and diagnostic services as well as an attached medical office building. Located in Canal Winchester, the center serves patients throughout northern Fairfield County, including the communities of Pickerington, Groveport, Canal Winchester, Carroll, Baltimore and Violet Township.
At Diley Ridge Medical Center, we’re proud to be a part of the lives of the people in our community. That's why we're looking for Mammographers who have a strong spirit of community, sense of teamwork and constant focus on excellence.
Job Description Details:
Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Education: Graduate from a Radiologic Technology program, with ARRT registration.
- Licensure: Licensed in the state of Ohio to perform radiological procedures.
- Certification: Certified in Mammography through the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists or meet MQSA criteria (Registry eligible) in the performance of mammography.
- Experience: Prior experience in mammography meeting ACR and MQSA guidelines.
- Effective verbal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated technical ability as required by the American College of Radiology and MQSA.
- Ability to perform professional duties with minimal supervision.
- Possesses a high level of professionalism and the ability to establish a good rapport with patients,
Associates and physicians.
- Current CPR required.
- Imaging Supervisor
- Support Specialist
- Service Excellence: Exhibits the Service Excellence Behavior Standards, role modeling excellence for all to see. For example: demonstrates friendliness and courtesy, effective communication creates a professional environment and provides first class service. (2) Provides for periodic rounding on patients & families, providing updates and initiating service recovery on identified issues.
- Clinical Practice: (1) Performs screening mammographic examinations upon order/referral of physician. (2) Analyzes mammographic examinations for quality control purposes, (3) Prepares completed exam for interpretation by a radiologist, (4) Operates PACS equipment.
(5) Performs non-technical tasks and indirect patient care activities (i.e.) Patient transport,
movement positioning, (6) Correctly responds to emergency situations such as Code Blue,
emergency operations plan, (7) Adheres/follows all regulations for MQSA in the performance of screening mammography including but not limited to: QC, results reporting to physicians and patients, documentation and tracking of positive results, and ensures that all staff providing clinical services meet personnel standards for education and continuing experience in the performance and interpretation of mammography.
- Communication: (1) Communicates pertinent clinical information to appropriate members of the patient care team & department personnel. (2) Establishes and maintains strong positive communication with patients and families.
- Collaboration: (1) Establishes and maintains effective working relationship with other departments / service lines, physicians & staff. (2) Confers with physicians relative to procedure and patient preparation.
- Education: Provides patient & family education relative to the procedure being preformed.
- Safe Practice: (1) Practices positive patient identification, (2) Follows established guidelines for Risk Management and Organizational Integrity programs and applicable regulatory requirements, (3) Follows guidelines for radiation safety as outlined in Radiation Safety Policy Manual, (4) Follows guidelines for Mammography, as outlined in policy manual, (5) Operates mammography equipment in a safe & appropriate fashion, (6) Practices in accordance with Infection Control guidelines and within the guidelines for an environmental exposure, as outlined in the MSDS, (7) Maintains a safe work environment, stocked with supplies.
- Documentation: (1) Enters patient charges; responsible for charge error correction. (2) Documents accurately & completely, pertinent assessments, interventions & outcomes in accordance with documentation standards, policies, procedures and / or guidelines. (3) Updates & maintains computerized and hard copy patient records. (4) Assists with the management of patient records, files & notifications.
- Performance Improvement: In conjunction with the Site Administrator, (1) Develops imaging modality monitors & reports quality indicators focusing on optimal patient outcomes, regulatory compliance & risk management, customer service, and continuous quality and process improvements. (2) Participates in performance improvement process teams.
- Computer Skills: (1) Utilizes computer systems appropriate to area effectively. (2) Utilizes internet and intranet appropriately.
- Initiative: (1) Maintains a responsible attitude toward individual performance in accordance with approved policies & procedures. (2) Responsible for the meeting individual education and training requirements. (3) Responsible to facilitate improvement in patient care services, staff / physician relationships and the working climate. (4) Responsible / accountable for professional development and maintaining licensure. (5) Attends departmental meetings as required. (6) Assists in orientation of new staff and participates in student instruction and experiences when requested. (7) Assists in maintenance of departmental compliance with continuous regulatory readiness.
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for compliance with Organizational Integrity through raising questions and promptly reporting actual or potential wrongdoing.
- Participates in and coordinates with organizational process to collect and evaluate information about hazards and safety practices that are used to identify safety management issues. Adheres to established policies and procedures, which may include wearing of personal protective equipment.
- Participates in and fosters a performance improvement approach that includes both intradepartmental and interdepartmental activities.
- Exhibits a customer service and community focus.
- Fosters a climate that will assist Diley Ridge to fulfill its mission.
- Accepts other duties, responsibilities and / special projects as assigned by the Site Administrator.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.