Bed Bath & Beyond’s Finance team supports multiple concepts. The team works in a fast paced environment and focuses on process improvement while finding opportunities to strengthen the P&L. As part of this team, you will have the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of the business and work across all functions to improve our company.
We are seeking a highly motivated, pro-active, resourceful and results-oriented individual with a high level of enthusiasm and passion for retail to join our Finance team. The Manager, Accounting Special Projects will be responsible for the legal entity accounting, tax incentive filings, accounting for image lab and design brand group, as well as other special projects.
Responsibilities of the position focus on the following:
- Accounting for all international and domestic legal entities, in accordance with intercompany transfer pricing agreements, to be used in the Company’s tax returns.
- Preparation of Puerto Rico financial statements, including the year-end audit schedules and analysis.
- Liaison with corporate accounting and tax departments to determine proper accounting treatment.
- Liaison with corporate legal department to ensure business activities are in compliance with all intercompany agreements.
- Liaison with treasury department monitoring cash flow and investments – ensuring compliance with legal requirements of applicable countries and intercompany agreements.
- Managing and filing of the Company’s many incentive programs for annual compliance requirements and internal needs.
- Working on Company initiatives and other projects focused on driving Company profitability.
Our general requirements and core competencies include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Minimum 5 years of financial analyst/general accounting experience; in a retail environment preferred.
- Strong prioritization skills; ability to manage multiple projects in a busy, fast-paced environment.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, strong Word and Access skills are a plus.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to influence and persuade others with diplomacy and tact; work with numerous partners of differing levels, flexing interaction style as required.
- Excellent judgment and decision making skills; ability to work independently.
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.