External Job Posting
Manages Accounts Payable teammates while maintaining appropriate control over amounts owed to vendors; ensuring timely payment of approved invoices; drive maintenance and development of accounts payable systems. Responsible for enforcing appropriate internal controls for accounts payable and completion of miscellaneous financial analysis / reporting as assigned.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs AP team to ensure timely and accurate payments to vendors.
- Directs Debit balance team to ensure proper collection of various outstanding balances.
- Communicates with vendors and Shopko personnel in resolving various vendor issues.
- Provides leadership to cross-functional and direct teams through training, coaching/mentoring, and development opportunities
- Lead and mentor direct reports.
- Controls and coordinates the development of new Accounts Payable systems and supports existing system interfaces.
- Assists IT staff to identify and solve ongoing system problems as well as testing of system upgrades and new programs
- Ensures any problems with payable system interface jobs are promptly and accurately communicated to IT
- Provides oversight and assistance with the reconciliation of Accounts Payable liability accounts
- Oversees weekly and month end journal entries for various liabilities
- Reviews and monitors procedures to ensure controls are in place and being followed
- Provides ad-hoc reports for financial and merchandising areas, including bi-annual audit reports.
- Provides oversight for various weekly, monthly and ad hock reporting
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent work experience
- CPA certification or CPA eligible preferred
- 5 - 7 years’ experience in accounts payable or accounting related field
- Three years of previous management experience preferred
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to organize, prioritize workload and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills; both oral and written
- Must relate well to others both within and outside of the Accounts Payable department
- Ability to be a team player, flexible, friendly, congenial, and enthusiastic
- Ability to supervise teammates, give direction, and evaluate performance
- Retail experience (desired)
- Competent with Microsoft Office, to include proficiency in Excel, Word, and Access
- Knowledge of automated accounting systems
We provide general merchandise, Pharmacy, and Optical services in our store formats of Shopko, Shopko Hometown, and Shopko Express. At Shopko, we understand what matters to our customers. Our stores are designed to be simple, clean, and welcoming, not overwhelming. We offer the essentials our customers need and the brands they trust at a fair price. Shopko, the Stuff that counts.
Shopko offers a professional team-oriented work environment, career advancement opportunities, competitive wages, and a comprehensive benefits package! Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status. Shopko is an Equal Opportunity Employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan m/f/d/v.