- Perform a lead billable role to clients in day-to-day delivery of large scale projects/programs, which are defined as high cost, high complexity and/or high risk.
- Serve in an advisory role to clients on business strategy, operational effectiveness and healthcare best practices.
- Ensure utilization rate and billable revenues are attained annually.
- Provide strategic input to the development of program roadmap and timelines.
- Create a team oriented work climate that enables professional development and encourages creative solutions and strategies.
- Support the management of resources within programs.
- Support program communication plan and execution.
- Require that quality assurance methods are implemented within the program.
- Provide status updates and review of programs to senior leadership.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to junior consultants and analysts with the goal of developing and retaining talent within the organization
- Undergraduate degree in Actuarial Science or related discipline
- ASA Actuarial Credential
- 5+ years of responsible, hands on experience as a Healthcare Actuary for actuarial and other operational health plan functions
- 2+ years of experience leading and/or supporting a Medicare bid season
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel
- A desire and willingness to support sales opportunities
- Ability to speak credibly to current industry issues, regulatory and competitive challenges, and practices relevant to the Healthcare actuarial space
- Proven problem solving skills (identification of issue, causes, solution, implementation plan)
- Strong ability to influence, motivate and correct others in a positive, constructive and respectful way
- Willingness to travel up to 20%
- Fellowship in the Society of Actuaries
- Experience in Medicare and/or Medicare Advantage
- Knowledge of SAS
- Staff Management experience
Raising our game in actuarial science will help UnitedHealth Group maintain our leadership for years to come. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life's best work.SM
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.