UnitedHealth Group is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The UHG Stars reporting efforts are complex. The program is supported by diverse technologies and processes, delivered in some cases in siloes. Many of the processes are manual, and the teams that own individual processes work in different parts of the UHG organizations.
Overall efficacy of Stars gap closure and reporting is hampered by the diversity of the supporting technologies and the complexity and diversity of the manual processes.
The ‘Stars Tech Team’ (project team) believes that it is possible to rationalize the technologies and processes that support Stars. The rationalization would both decrease the costs associated with Stars compliance and improve Stars scores as well.
The Clinical & Admin Data Services Management Team is focused on building clinical data exchanges with providers in order to improve data accuracy and quality of care as part of UHC’s collective clinical programs. This includes the focus to: Improve the completeness and timeliness of provider data Integration by leveraging industry leading standards for data sharing and technology enablement, delivery of an integrated prospective and retrospective HEDIS processing, and simplification of provider onboarding and data submission.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Identifies, coordinates and aggregates data from a variety of sources
- Collaborate with clinical and operational teams in the design and development of executive management level reports
- Responsible for data testing, file load coordination and validation which requires a highly detail oriented individual
- Using Excel and SQL, researches, identifies and proposes solutions for data discrepancies
- Develop and maintain business intelligence applications including operational reports, dashboards, scorecards, and ad hoc reporting requests
- Develop and automate ETL processes that involve data cleansing, error, reconciliation handling and process monitoring utilizing Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Design dimensional models with conformed dimensions, following the business processes
- Utilize Tableau / Power BI / SAS in designing and building the reporting / Dashboard / Portal environment
- Experience with developing OLAP cubes and Tableau TDE
- Create processes for capturing and maintaining BI metadata
- Create BI system documentation and ensure it is continually sustained
- Participate in the technical design and implementation of the CDSM enterprise wide
- 4+ Years of Managing a team
- 4+ years of experience with visualization tools (e.g. Tableau) and OLAP technologies with performance tuning expertise
- 2+ years of health care industry experience
- 3+ years of working with RDBMS (i.e. SQL Server), Warehousing Datastores
- 3+ years of experience in data warehousing with designing multi-layered data warehouses and data marts using both relational and dimensional modeling techniques
- 5+ years of experience in integrating data both at logical & physical levels
- 3+ years of ETL (SSIS or other tools) experience
- 5+ years of SQL and data analysis experience
- BS / MS in Computer Science or related field
- Expertise in query optimization techniques
- Proven experience consolidating disparate data sets into usable data
- Experience with I2B2 or OMOP models or other healthcare data models
- Experience with Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, NoSQL database)
- Experience with a public cloud platform (AWS, Azure) and its data analytics services
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of clinical data analysis
- Strong interpersonal skills
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement.
The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Manager BI / Analytics, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Working from Home