isn’t just changing. It’s growing more complex every day. ICD-10 Coding
replaces ICD-9. Affordable Care adds new challenges and financial constraints.
Where does it all lead? Hospitals and Healthcare organizations continue to
adapt, and we are vital part of their evolution. And that’s what fueled these
exciting new opportunities.
Who are we? Optum360. We’re a dynamic new partnership formed by Quest and Optum to combine our unique expertise. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we’ll leverage our compassion, our talent, our resources and experience to bring financial clarity and a full suite of Revenue Management services to Healthcare Providers, nationwide.
If you’re looking for a better place to use your passion, your ideas and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work.
- Manage daily workflow and supervise all billing activities for team(s) of billers. This includes contract billing and project costing billing.
- Maintain processing standards and ensure department SLAs are met
- Review and approve invoices
- Run system processes to generate invoices
- Interpret contracts to create and maintain billing and revenue rules in the ERP tool
- Develop, implement and maintain processes and procedures for accurate and timely billing, ensuring best practices. Keep all department procedures up-to-date.
- Create training materials and ensure employees are adequately trained to perform their jobs.
- Handle staff performance management.
- Monitor and report productivity and quality measures of the team.
- Maintain adequate internal accounting process documentation and controls.
- Manage the audit process and work with internal and external auditors
- Provide operational and technical accounting expertise to ensure compliance with GAAP, Company policies, rules, regulation and laws.
- Develop and maintain internal control structure and procedures for GAAP and SOX compliance
- Resolve and follow up on high level customer service issues.
- Maintains high performance standards for the team and does not tolerate complacency or mediocrity.
- Identity errors/adjustments / exceptions and communicate those adjustments effectively to customer and internal stakeholders
- Provide input to department projects and tool enhancements when needed.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- 5+ years experience in Healthcare analysis
- SQL, Advanced using Microsoft Excel (creating pivot tables and using filters)
- Experience in a large scale ERP environment
- Management experience
- Ability to work onsite
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent process management and improvement skills.
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- High energy, high initiative, detail oriented and innovative individual
- Strong analytical skills and process improvement / automation focus
- People and organizational savvy
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Billing; Manager; Healthcare; UnitedHealth Group; Eden Prairie; Accounting; Revenue, ERP, process, improvement, management, finance, supervisor, pivot tables