WHO WE ARE
Scholastic Corporation (NASDAQ: SCHL) is the world’s largest publisher and distributor of children’s books and a leader in educational technology and children’s media. Scholastic creates quality educational and entertaining materials and products for use in school and at home, including children's books, magazines, technology-based products, teacher materials, television programming, film, videos and toys. The Company distributes its products and services through a variety of channels, including proprietary school-based book clubs and school-based book fairs, retail stores, schools, libraries, television networks and the Company’s Internet Site, http://www.scholastic.com. You can also visit the Company blog at http://www.oomscholasticblog.com.
The Brand Publicity Manager will develop and implement innovative publicity plans and campaigns for key authors and brands.
The Brand Publicity Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing innovative publicity campaigns for key author/brands, licenses, and franchises as assigned. Working closely with the Brand publicity and marketing teams and reporting to VP Brand Publicity and Franchise Strategy, the ideal candidate will create press materials and secure media interviews, develop and execute buzz-worthy author events and tours, collaborate with key brand partners and licensors. Must be skilled in pitching and securing national media, experience in digital and social media preferred.
HOW YOU CAN FIT
- Position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills and a strong interest in children’s books.
- This fast-paced position requires the ability to work well under pressure, meet tight deadlines and multi-task.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail are essential.
- Minimum 4-6 years PR experience and a B.A. required.
- Experience in digital and social media preferred, and knowledge of children’s books a plus.
The position also requires the following:
- Experience writing press releases and pitch letters and interacting with the media; ability to work in a collaborative environment,
- Interact with authors, the press, and other colleagues;
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work independently.
- Some management experience and familiarity with media databases such as Cision and Publicity Assistant a plus.
Some benefits that we offer:
- 100% vested of 401(k) Retirement Plan after 5 years employment
- Up to 1M worth of supplemental Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Purchase Scholastic stock at a 15% discount
Thank you for your consideration in choosing Scholastic.