DescriptionThe Manager, Care Management leads teams of nurses and behavior health professionals responsible for care management. The Manager, Care Management works within specific guidelines and procedures; applies advanced technical knowledge to solve moderately complex problems; receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines approach, resources, schedules and goals.
The Manager, Care Management oversees the assessment and evaluation of members' needs and requirements to achieve and/or maintain optimal wellness state by guiding members/families toward and facilitate interaction with resources appropriate for the care and wellbeing of members. Decisions are typically related to resources, approach, and tactical operations for projects and initiatives involving own departmental area. Requires cross departmental collaboration, and conducts briefings and area meetings; maintains frequent contact with other managers across the department.
- Active RN license in the state(s) in which the nurse is required to practice
- Proficiency in analyzing and interpreting data trends
- Progressive clinical experience preferably in an acute care, home health, skilled or rehab clinical setting
- Comprehensive knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to work independently under general instructions and with a team
- Must have a separate room with a locked door that can be used as a home office to ensure you have absolute and continuous privacy while you work
- Must provide a high speed DSL or cable modem for a home office (Satellite and Wireless Internet service is NOT allowed for this role). A minimum standard speed for optimal performance of 10x1 (10mbs download x 1mbs upload) is required
- Bachelor's degree or advanced degree in nursing or business health field
- Previous supervisory/leadership experience preferred
- Previous experience working in a managed care field
- You will have 12-14 direct reports
Scheduled Weekly Hours40