Department:OH1MH_62500_001 Social Services Mce
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we provide our colleagues with the support and learning opportunities they need to truly grow and thrive. This commitment to professional excellence is just one way in which we’re empowered to make a meaningful difference in the lives of our patients and communities.
Job Description Details:
At Mount Carmel we challenge our leaders and managers to live our values and lead with strength. Only through their commitment to our colleagues will we continue to advance our mission. Our commitment to you: collaborative leaders and opportunities for professional development.
The Manager of Case Management serves as the unit level manager in planning, organizing, staffing,
directing, and coordinating the scope of services originating from the Case Management/Social Work Services department.
- Graduate from school of Nursing Baccalaureate preferred or equivalent experience or Master's Degree in Social Work
- RN License through the State of Ohio &/or LISW or LISW-S
- Minimum of five years experience in the field clinical nursing care, or medical social work
- Two years of management experience preferred
- Evidence of leadership skills and abilities, human relation skills, crisis intervention, critical thinking and decision making, conflict management, and ability to generate and support new ideas and innovations.
- Ability to apply experience, analysis, intuition, and communication skills in maintaining and improving the quality of services provided by the Case Management and Social Work Services department.
- Provides leadership and direction for all Case Management and Social Work Services employees at assigned site. This includes hospital based, clinic services, outpatient settings as well as the emergency department
- Develops and sustains case management or social work policies and procedures in collaboration with other Case Management/Social Work Services site managers
- Manages and participates in other policies in impacting utilization, reimbursement, patient care and safety as well as general hospital discharge planning performance
- Creates and performs the annual appraisals for case managers and ED / clinic social workers and completes all progressive counseling and documentation as appropriate
- Develops, recommends, and implements goals and policies for the resource management of Case Management Social Work Services
- Develops and maintains financial contracts with Executive Health resources, Milliman, White Stone and Interqual for utilization management support
- In conjunction with the Medical Advisors, assures that patient stay management is appropriate to the acute care setting and resource effective
- Provides leadership education and decision-making on issues of use of length of stay fund and charity resources
At Mount Carmel, we invest in your success. You’ll work alongside talented colleagues to advance patient-centered care every day. Join us in our mission to transform the lives of those we serve.
“Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, or physical ability.”
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.