The Clinic Policy and Procedures Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of standard policies, procedures, processes and best practices for clinic operations across the enterprise. This position identifies and collaborates with key stakeholders throughout WellMed to ensure policies and procedures meet regulatory and statutory guidelines that govern our business practices and ensure quality assurance through oversight of audits related to validating the application and implementation of policies and procedures. Additionally, this position will develop a network of subject matter experts across the enterprise to coordinate comprehensive review of all proposed policies and procedures prior to submission for final approval by Senior Leadership. This Manager manages professional and support staff and supervises team workflow and operations. This individual is expected to be self-directed and will be given opportunities to work with less structured, more complex issues and serve as a resource for others.
- Develop and maintain policies, procedures and training aids for Clinic Operations at WellMed
- Develop and maintain a system to organize the inventory of policies, procedures and training aids
- Gather information and subject matter expertise in response to customer, regulatory or internal evaluation requests for development or revision of enterprise-wide policies and procedures
- Demonstrate understanding of applicable laws, regulations, mandates and contracts and the ability to interpret their applicability in a given situation (e.g. PCMH, NCQA, AHCA, etc.)
- Identify and maintain a network of subject matter experts, key stakeholders and compliance contacts to ensure comprehensive review of policies and procedures prior to final approval
- Prepare reports, presentations, verbal/written correspondences, policies, communications, procedures and other required documentation
- Perform, assist with or oversee audits related to validating application/implementation of policies and procedures. Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders regarding findings and recommendations.
- Plan and supervise activities of assigned nurses and support staff. Evaluate employee performance, recommend merit increases and consistently execute disciplinary actions
- Coach and provide feedback and guidance to others. Act as a resource for other with less experience
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration or a related field required. (Eight additional years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree)
- 5+ years of healthcare experience to include experience in a managed care setting, hospital setting and/or physician practice setting required
- 3+ years management experience in a healthcare environment
- Experience in mobilizing teams and maintaining motivation to accomplish goals under stringent timelines required
- Ability to work with minimal guidance, seeking guidance only on the most complex tasks
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required
- Out of town travel required as deemed necessary by business need.
- Active Registered Nurse (RN) license in the applicable state(s) preferred
- Strong program management, preferably within managed care
- Strong experience with policy writing, development and implementation
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 240,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.