The Manager, Corporate Health Information Management (HIM) promotes standards and healthcare practices that are in compliance with the rules and regulations as they are set by the states in which the company operates. This position is responsible for the oversight of facility-level HIM function and provides leadership to HIM personnel at each facility. This individual is responsible for development, implementation, and oversight of a program which ensures the integrity and security of the health information of the individuals served.
- Primary responsibility is to ensure the organization maintains accurate medical records information according to established procedures and that the records are secure.
- Provides support and education to facility-level Health Information Management support staff.
- Provides audit and feedback around coding and indexing monthly, ensuring that when indicated, corrective actions are developed and implemented for any areas of deficit identified.
- Supervises all activities relative to documentation, usage, retrieval and storage of all inpatient and outpatient records, both on and off-site
- Develops detailed reports specifying compliance issues identified during the audits. Works collaboratively with stakeholders to ensure that areas identified are corrected.
- Provides oversight to the Company’s Master Patient Index.
- Communicates findings to the Director, Corporate Health Information Management and Operational leadership according to a predetermined method.
- Serves a resource for the organization as it relates to HIM policies and processes. Reviews and provides appropriate forms and policies as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Experience in healthcare field preferred.
- RHIA certification required.
- Experience in performing healthcare audit and monitoring functions preferred.
- Experience in inpatient health information management. Multi-site management preferred.
- Experience in ICD-10-CM coding and inpatient/outpatient billing. Behavioral health experience in these areas preferred.
- Demonstrates strong computer skills to navigate MS office products and electronic compliance software solutions.
- Knowledge and understanding of CMS, The Joint Commission and State Department of Health and Hospitals regulations.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrates personal traits of a high level of integrity, team orientation, professionalism, and trustworthiness. Places a high value on ethical standards and treating others with dignity and respect.