Are you passionate about the customer experience? Do you gain needed energy from delighting others? Are you curious by nature and motivated by challenges? If so, look no further! The Manager, Customer Experience Design role supports efforts in building out a best in class customer experience. This position contributes to executing against the day to day deliverables required to transform Optum’s customer experience through an effort known as Project OMNI. Project OMNI is a multi - year effort where we will engage customers in new ways in a multi - channel environment. This role will focus on building subject matter expertise across key lines of business, executing against business planning and experience design activities, contributing to change management efforts and executing a flawless implementation. This role contributes directly to transforming our current customer capabilities across the enterprise.
The Customer Experience team is positioned to lead an OMNI cross - channel experience strategy across the enterprise. The desired outcome is a simple, smart and seamless customer experience and OMNI is the catalyst to making this a reality. Our North Star is NPS.
This strategy is being built in partnership with key enterprise stakeholders. In this role you will actively contribute to making this story come to life. You will flawlessly execute against the strategy and customer agenda. Armed with an 'outside - in' lens, your passion for the customer experience will guide you in designing experiences which delight our customers. You will support critical OMNI implementation efforts from conception to completion.
In this role, you will skillfully design and support the implementation of best - in - class customer experience capabilities (Project OMNI). Your objective is to deliver a solution which meets the unmet needs of both our customers and internal stakeholders. Your work is strategic as well as tactical as you execute against a multi - year roadmap while also focusing on continuously improving in a post implementation world. You will help formulate the perfect experience design which leverages technology in a way that eradicates customer pain. Your efforts will directly contribute to the Optum growth story.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Design and development of end - to - end consumer experiences & capabilities
- Lead change across people, process and technology
- Responsible for program management budget
- Champion the efforts to deliver a consistent experience and customer satisfaction
- Execute against a strategy that aligns to goals and framework
- Identify and leverage cross - segment resources
- Work collaboratively with other parts of the business at all levels
- Champion the need for change, assesses change readiness and change management
- Influence within highly matrix teams to include process, project, technology, etc.
- Identify alternative channels of communication around customer experience
- Collaborate with leaders around experience design, requirements
- Proactively initiate and drive change in processes, tools and capabilities
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience and a proven track record of driving transformational change and delivering measurable results
- 5+ years of experience in developing customer experience programs or initiatives
- 2+ years of experience working with IVR/Call Routing (gathering requirements and designing new)
- 3+ years of experience leveraging data driven insights (i.e. voice of the customer) to inform a better experience
- 3+ years working collaboratively with key contact center operators (i.e. WFM, Training, Supervisors)
- Demonstrated ability to drive and articulate customer centric change
- Demonstrated skill at communicating and articulating consumer experience with an emphasis on compassion
- Demonstrated skill at presenting and influencing for executives and at all levels within multi - business segments
- Intrapersonal relationship and communication skills
- Creative thinking, thought leader and driver of innovation
- Understanding of telephony, IVR and associated technologies / capabilities
- Experience working with Genesys Telephony / IVR capabilities
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Manager, Customer Experience Design, Eden Prairie, Minnesota, MN, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Working from Home, Customer, Telephony IVR, Contact Center