Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
The Customer Service Manager is responsible for providing expertise and customer service support to members, customers, and / or providers. Direct phone - based customer interaction to answer and resolve a wide variety of inquiries.
- Manages approximately 8 supervisors with varying levels of leadership expertise.
- Indirectly manages approximately 160 employees of varying tenure and skill level.
- Direct reports are located at same site, work at home or at a remote UHC site.
- Coordinate, supervise and accountable for the daily / weekly / monthly activities of team members.
- Works with supervisors to proactively monitors individual and team performance and provides frequent and ongoing feedback and coaching.
- Sets priorities and monitors team performance by reviewing operational metrics and listening to and observing call management techniques.
- Continually stays abreast of operational performance.
- Identifies and resolves operational problems using defined processes, expertise and judgment.
- Implements strategies to improve operational performance including call management, call back rate, transfer rate, quality, response accuracy and United Experience Survey.
- Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address business and operational challenges.
- Drives division - wide strategic initiatives at the site level, including the development and implementation of new call models or to maintain or enhance existing call models (Fresh Start, A4Me, compassion, etc.)
- Works with operations to ensure all tools and resources provide proper direction for case handling / routing.
- Influences or provides input to forecasting and planning activities.
- Works closely with site leadership to implement, coordinate both strategic and tactical plans to enhance operational and service performance
- Fosters and maintains a collaborative relationship with internal and external business partners to ensure customer satisfaction and profitability
- Hires, coaches and develops supervisors.
- Monitors and holds supervisors accountable for communicating and following through on performance management in accordance to UHG policies and practices
- Consistently communicates changes such as policies, procedural and overall performance as a team and one - on - one.
- Regularly leverages various communication channels, including one - on - one and skip level meetings, new hire class leadership interactions and focus groups to foster two - way communication.
- Inspires employees to see the link between their position and personal performance to organizational strategy, company performance and the UHC brand.
- May participate in cross - functional project teams that ultimately improve the member experience.
- Contributes subject matter expertise and / or carries out project assignments in a timely and effective manner.
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- 2+ years of experience with Call Center Systems
- 3+ years of experience as a Manager or Supervisor within a matrix organization
- 2+ years of experience in the Healthcare Industry
- Associate's Degree (or higher)
- 5+ years of progressive call center / operations experience
- Ability to build relationships / collaborate at all levels, and effectively work in a virtual highly matrixed team environment
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to articulate and define outcome measures that capture key performance metrics.
- Results - orientation along with proven process and project management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Convey thoughts (orally and written) in a clear, concise and timely manner appropriate for the audience.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in healthcare. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our Healthcare system. Ready? It's time to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, Supervisor, Customer Service, Leader, Manage, Direct Reports, Healthcare, Coach, Mentor, Leadership