Lead a small team of remote data analysts and work together to design databases, write queries, and provide data and analysis for a wide variety of research projects and experimental pilots. Explore client data and become an expert in underlying business content and data structures. Clarify objectives and facilitate communication between analysts and researchers. Validate results and give feedback to the team. Help mentor and guide junior analysts in professional growth and development.
- Lead, mentor, and train a team of remote data analysts
- Collaborate with research teams to provide data and analysis for a wide variety of research projects and experimental pilots
- Acquire external data and become an expert in underlying business content and data structures. Use that expertise to ask insightful questions
- Design databases, write queries, and prepare datasets supporting development of data products and advanced data analysis
- Support execution of prospective experimentation
- Present findings and lead team discussions
- Effective communication on technical topics
- Analytical, inquisitive, and insightful
- Skilled problem solvers
- Receptive to peer review; able to work collaboratively
- Self-motivated and proactive; able to work productively without supervision
- College Degree (B.S. or M.S. in quantitative discipline: Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Physics, etc.)
- 3+ years of Data Analytics experience using SQL
- Familiarity with star schema data models
- 1+ years of experience with Healthcare Analytics knowledge
- 1+ years of experience managing / leading / and/or mentoring a team
- Experience analyzing large and complex datasets
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 6 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Manager, Data Analytics, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota