This position will be responsible for the field training and mentoring of Engineering Services employees as it relates to MOW machinery and hand tools to ensure safe and efficient operating procedures, usage, and maintenance.
- Establish a safety culture foundation based on compliance with GWI safety rules, regulations and environmental responsibilities
- Manage the design, delivery and continuous improvement of equipment training programs as well as ongoing learning opportunities across the organization, in support of the organization’s needs
- Conduct initial and follow up training sessions with employees and provide feedback on developmental needs
- Evaluate employees to measure their progress in achieving proficiency in specific tasks
- Collaborate with management in determining if employees meet expected proficiency to become qualified in specific tasks
- Deliver training via oral and hands on demonstration in a field and classroom environment
- Ensure accurate record keeping of training conducted
- Create a professional and safe environment that is conducive to the development of all employees
- Must poses a high level of ability to operate and maintain MOW machinery in a safe and efficient manner
- Have a good working knowledge of all machine systems including diesel engines, hydraulics, electrical systems, mechanical and fluid power transmission systems and the processes typically used to repair and maintain them
- Ability to create and maintain a positive and professional learning environment
- Excellent communication, team building, and leadership skills
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing to lead and motivate people
- Team player with high level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
- Working knowledge of Roadway Worker Protection and Operating Rules
- Demonstrated experience in Microsoft office including Word, Excel, Etc.
- Ability to work flexible schedule to accommodate field employee training as well as training classes
- Must poses a valid driver’s license
- High School Diploma or GED or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- 5-7 years railroad experience preferred.
Jacksonville, Florida, United States