About H&R Block…
People are often surprised when they begin working here. Maybe it's because the company founded by two brothers in 1955 still has the feeling of a family, or it could be our high-ambition associates who believe in our purpose and core values. Our company is forward thinking and innovative. Our leadership is accessible. Our associates are welcoming and bring unique and diverse perspectives. We believe we are better together!
We help our clients and inspire confidence in their lives, so they can do more for their families and communities...but the work we do here is so much more. We are curious, creative and determined to be the best we can be. Now that is something to feel great about!
Our corporate headquarters is located in the bustling downtown Power & Light district of Kansas City, just steps or a streetcar ride away from countless restaurants and entertainment venues. In addition to great benefits, we have some nice perks, like our onsite fitness gym and coffee bar, company cafe, free garage parking, and frequent opportunities to get discounted or free tickets to a variety of sports, entertainment venues, and shows.
About our Manager, Client Experience position…
Based at our corporate headquarters, you will direct, manage, and coach teams that plan and execute Client Experience projects involving multiple people, process and technology components. Monitor and enforce consistent application of processes. Develop, monitor and manage to team budget. Comprehend overall strategy, then align teams and resources with the strategic and tactical goals of the organization. Communicate effectively with peers, leaders and cross-organizational partners to establish and nurture positive relationships. Accountable for the short- and long-term project results.
- Own overall accountability for Client Experience projects.
- Develop status reports and update senior management with progress as necessary.
- Monitor performance and develop team members to ensure consistent, effective and efficient execution of project tasks and deliverables.
- Develop and manage budgets for group of associates.
- Consult with internal peer group, and business representatives to ensure accurate resource allocation, budget and KPI’s for projects.
- Prepare and execute plans for quality, change management, training and communications.
- Manage vendor relationships as needed
- Analyze changes and provide direction where needed.
- Manage external consulting teams as required.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Project Management, or related area, or the equivalent through a combination of education and work experience.
- 2+ years people management experience including budget management.
- 5+ years’ experience leading cross-organizational programs and projects with short-term and long-term deliverables.
- Experience managing multiple projects and priorities
- Demonstrated organizational, prioritization, decision-making, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to define problems, establish alternatives and communicate optimal course of action.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills and meeting facilitation skills.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of internal associates, external vendors and business partners.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software and project planning tools