PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Provide financial and analytical decision-making support for G&A and restaurant initiatives and identify opportunities for improving company profitability. Partner across the organization in providing data and analysis to help the company meet its goals. Prepare financial and analytical decision-making support and tools to enable management to assess its performance on investment and development opportunities. Key outputs of this position include annual budgeting, quarterly reforecast, and Board of Director reporting responsibilities. This position manages one to two Senior Financial Analysts or Financial Analysts.
- Manage the planning process, including creation of the AOP and interim reforecasts, with supporting documentation and presentations as well as ad hoc updates as requested by Senior Management.
- Prepare presentations related to financial results and plans for the Board, internal Senior Management, and external stakeholders.
- Complete monthly variance analysis for G&A spend and provide explanations of material variances to Financial Reporting for use in monthly Business Summary
- Complete ad hoc analysis requests for PMO, operations, marketing, development, etc. to enable the teams to better analyze trends and processes.
- Manage the activities and output of one or more (Sr.) Financial Analysts. Responsibilities include employee development, communication, formal performance appraisals, and project management
- Manage and operate financial planning tools including but not limited to AOP and Forecast Access database as well as enterprise applications, and provide support to Business Intelligence team for future financial tools.
- Manage the development of company and franchise initiatives to improve management decision making, such as benchmark reporting, comp unit analyses, banded comparisons and margin analyses
- Prepare and support quantitative and qualitative analyses in the evaluation of potential brand opportunities as requested by Development or Finance management. Analyses may include investment return metrics and pro forma modeling.
- Understand, manage, and manipulate pre-existing models, and create new complex Excel spreadsheets and models to support the development of the Annual Operating Plan, Long Range Plans, and updated financial forecasts. Provide recommendations to management.
- Partner with Strategy Brand Finance teams as a financial resource for projects and initiatives.
- Required: Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, or a related field
- Preferred: CPA and/or MBA
- Required: 5 years of experience in Planning and Analysis, Accounting, or related field
- Preferred: 2 or more years of supervisory experience
- Preferred: Restaurant experience
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS or ABILITIES:
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel. Working knowledge of database applications including Microsoft Access as well as Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Outlook
- Advanced understanding and working knowledge of budgeting, forecasting, and analysis
- Preferred: Experience with Enterprise software, planning software, financial consolidation software (Hyperion), and relational databases
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY:
- Process decisions
- Subordinate responsibility delegation
- Responsible for up to 2 direct reports: Senior Financial Analyst or Financial Analyst