At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Wells Fargo Commercial Capital (WFCC) combines Wholesale’s secured lending businesses including Asset Backed Finance (ABF), Commercial Distribution Finance (CDF), Corporate Trust Services (CTS), Wells Fargo Capital Finance (WFCF) and Wells Fargo Equipment Finance (WFEF). This consolidated group of businesses helps customers leverage their company’s assets into flexible financing solutions. WFCC is a leading contributor to Wholesales revenue, assets, and net income.
This position is responsible for the coordination and management of the physical movement of Rail equipment to and from customers as well as initiating and terminating billing in accordance with the terms of the contracts. The incumbent must quickly become familiar with the various car types in our fleet and become familiar with the customer preferences.
Wells Fargo Rail, a division of Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, is the largest and most diverse rail equipment operating lessor in North America, with more than 175,000 railcars and 1,800 locomotives. Based in Rosemont, IL, Wells Fargo Rail has the largest fleet of any rail operating lessor in North America, serving the North American market for rail equipment with customers in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico.
- New order fulfillment- delivery of freight cars to customers
- Work interdepartmentally with Sales, Account Services , Contracts and Mechanical it ensure WFR meets our customers expected delivery and corporate goals
- Ensure compliance with all internal processes and approvals prior to movement of cars
- Initiate movement of cars from storage, routing cars through repair shops, work with internal mechanical and engineering on shop status, Scopes of Work, repair history
- Monitor equipment status in repair shops and storage facilities
- Provide status updates on in-process orders to customers, Sales and Acct Services teams
- Provision of replacement cars in the event of a loss through damage or derailment
- Responsible for on-rent and off-rent status to initiate or terminate billing based on contract terms.
- Discuss/negotiate freight rates with RR on behalf of WFR or our customer
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 1+ year of general banking or lending experience; or a BS/BA degree or higher
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- 5 + years in Rail leasing or railcar fleet movement
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.