Default: Practice : Practice
This position is responsible for leading the Human Resources Services function including but not limited to: compensation, benefit programs, leaves of absences, unemployment, worker’s compensation, performance appraisals, annual increases, the employee engagement survey, and onboarding. This position is responsible for allowing affiliated doctors and team members to focus on patients in our affiliated practices while the HR Services department handles administrative HR tasks. This position is also required to lead change throughout HR Services in the organization by contributing new ideas and fixing inefficient processes.
- Benefit Programs:
- Manages all areas of benefits, including health and welfare plans and retirement plans
- Responsible to project manage and execute the benefits annual enrollment project and communications
- Manages relationship and duties with broker on daily administrative, compliance, enrollment and plan administration requirements.
- Works with broker and benefits enrollment site on monthly benefit enrollments
- First point of contact for technical issues relating to benefits enrollment site, and transfer of information from benefits site to payroll database
- Conducts or manages appropriate audit requirements (e.g., annual hours audit, etc.)
- Reviews qualifying events to determine validity; this also includes any national medical support notices
- Runs compensation data for comparison of internal and external rates; will contract with other sources to provide external compensation data
- Reviews bonus programs, and is responsible for quarterly and annual bonuses to be reviewed, approved, and sent to payroll to be paid out
- Creates and reviews job descriptions for all company and affiliated practices’ positions
- Main HR contact in the Cleveland home office
- Develops, seeks approval for, and administers areas of HR budget responsibility. Manages resources and budgets in a financially prudent fashion.
- Special projects as assigned, including report requests from affiliated doctors and team members
- Provides service to, and maintains positive relationships with all internal and external customers. Effectively resolves difficult disputes and business challenges. Promotes and actively demonstrates the importance of positive team dynamics by comprehending the interrelated nature of roles/initiatives and demonstrating commitment to the success of all department and company functions. These areas reflect the consistently highest demonstration of common sense and judgment.
- Presents a professional image highlighted by an attitude and behaviors that consistently demonstrate unquestionable integrity.
- Articulate, concise, and compelling in her/his oral and written communications. Capable of representing the Company and the HR function in positive fashion, internally and externally, whether in person or in writing.
- Influences decisions in staff and business unit arenas.
- Is energetic and action-oriented, yet pragmatic, budget driven, disciplined yet flexible, organized, and results-oriented. A problem solver who does not accept the status quo.
- Innovates as a normal course of action, always seeking continual improvement.
- Inspires confidence among peers, company leadership, and throughout internal and external organizations.
- Functions as a HR department leader through demonstration of commitment to team and company success.
- Possesses strong metrics orientation and the ability to use appropriate analytical and organizational information tools (Excel, Word, etc.) to represent/influence discussion points and key decisions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or similar required or equivalent work experience
- 4 - 6 years of significant experience in a Human Resources services role
- 1 year managerial experience
- PHR preferred
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills; work well with others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professionalism and professional image
- Strong organization and planning skills; detail oriented Proven multi-task ability in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently
- Travel as needed for training and to perform job functions
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. DentalOne Partners’ management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.