If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Financial discipline and accountability count more today than ever. Which is why your performance and innovation will find a reception here like nowhere else as you help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
This position is responsible for managing all internal audit and risk management consulting activity within designated specialty areas for the company. Responsible for leading the performance of the financial, business process and information systems audits and special projects to assess the existence, effectiveness and efficiency of the business controls, financial information, and compliance with laws and regulations.
- Provide staff with professional and technical expertise and guidance to ensure that audit objectives and scope are satisfied. This includes assisting staff members and audit contractors in the development and negotiation of audit recommendations and responses, evaluating the audit performance of the team, and providing guidance regarding department and company policies and procedures
- Create, review, and approve pertinent audit workpapers and communications of audit results. Workpapers should comply with department and IIA standards for content and quality
- Perform internal audits including audit planning, detailed audit procedures and related testing and reporting in accordance with professional and departmental standards - including financial (Sarbanes-Oxley testing) and operational
- Participate in pertinent risk assessment processes led by the Audit Management Team. Ensure that audit plans cover higher risk areas. For all audit projects for the assigned business area(s), develop / approve the project risk assessment, audit objectives, scope and audit program
- Lead / Participate on special projects undertaken by the department and/or the Company
- Ensure IAAS resources are effectively scheduled and deployed across audit engagements
- Bachelor's degree
- 4+ years of relevant business experience including internal audit or public accounting experience
- 2+ years of leadership experience
- Understanding of auditing concepts and their and how to apply them
- 5+ years of relevant business experience including internal audit or public accounting experience
- 2+ years supervisory experience
- Experience with internal controls over financial reporting (e.g. Sarbanes-Oxley, MAR, SOC)
- Thorough understanding of risk and internal control concepts and their practical application
- Health insurance or related insurance experience
- Provider experience
- Relevant assurance certification (CPA, CFE, CIA or CISA)
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 5 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, click here.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Internal Audit, Advisory, Manager, Leader, Minneapolis, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota