PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
This position is critical to understand Arby's current business performance in order to develop strategies and recommendations to inform future marketing and company moves. The Manager will work largely independently, with limited oversight from the Director, to manage and report information critical to business insights and decision making. The Manager will be a key strategic partner with other Marketing functions in helping define Marketing decisions. The Manager will deliver critical business insights using statistical tools and methods to solve problems and answer questions from company leadership.
RESPONSIBILITIES: (Top 5 should cover 80% of the important job functions)
1. Sales analysis - analyze product and promotion sales results to understand performance, create the relevant story with the data, and make recommendations on go-forward strategy/implementation
2. Ad hoc analysis/reporting - develop, execute, and deliver reports and analyses based on marketing business requirements
3. Insight generation - generate insights that improve the business through linking various data sources (e.g., sales, competitor, market, customer, etc.)
4. Modeling -- create marketing models to understand past performance and forecast future performance
5. Develop and maintain close working relationships with stakeholders in Marketing, Finance, IT, and Operations
(other important duties/responsibilities)
1. Data management - develop and maintain databases that support marketing and sales analysis
2. Identify opportunities for process improvement and innovative solutions to business challenges
3. Hypothesis generation -- develop independent ideas about value-add business objectives
Required Minimum: A bachelor's degree is required (preferably in engineering, math, science, economics, business administration, or marketing). MS or MBA preferred.
Required Minimum: 5+ years of relevant experience in marketing, business analysis, data management / reporting, statistics, economics, or other related area. Experience within restaurant or retail industries preferred.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS OR ABILITIES:
Expertise with Microsoft Office applications, with specific experience in Excel (e.g., pivot tables, advanced functions, formulas, filtering, etc.) and strong database skills (e.g., SQL, Access, etc.) Conscientious about meeting weekly and monthly reporting deadlines Self-starter personality who can operate with minimal supervision Strong problem solving skills Inquisitive nature, constantly looking for innovative solutions to challenging questions Personal integrity, humility and an appreciation for the power of true teamwork, and a sense of humor Passion for the restaurant industry and desire to train in our restaurants to learn operations. A strong desire to help shape the future at Arby's Minimal travel required: 0-10% domestic.