The health care system needs to evolve even further than it has and it has to do so at a lightning fast pace. New models of care and networks of providers are emerging now to better serve patients and communities. And at UnitedHealth Group, we are playing a lead role. Here's where you come in. As a manager within our network contracting team, you'll guide the development and support of behavioral health provider networks as well as unit cost management activities through financial and network pricing modeling, analysis and reporting. In return, you'll discover the impact you want and the resources, backing and opportunities that you'd expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
If you are located in Washington state, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
Set network strategy for product
Guide development of geographically competitive, broad access, stable networks that achieve objectives for unit cost performance and trend management
Evaluate and negotiate contracts in compliance with company templates, reimbursement structure standards and other key process controls
Ensure that network composition includes an appropriate distribution of provider specialties
Set team direction, resolve problems and provide guidance to members of your team
Influence and/or provide input to forecasting and planning activities
This role is all about challenge and relationships. You'll partner with CEO's from various lines of business as we work on building effective relationships with large medical groups.
- Undergraduate degree
- 5+ years of health care / managed care experience
- 5+ years of formal supervisory experience
- 2+ years of provider relations and / or provider network experience
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the development of product pricing and utilizing financial modeling in making rate decisions
- Experience with negotiating professional and hospital network contracts
- Understanding and comfort with working in complex data systems (such as Provider Express, Facets, Cosmos, etc.)
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel
- Experience with Medicaid regulations and Washington state regulatory environment
- Ability to build relationships with internal and external clients
- Ability to travel approximately 25-40% within, and reside within, the state of Washington
- Intermediate level of proficiency in claims processing and issue resolution
Creating and fine-tuning provider networks helps improve access to health care for millions. It's an outstanding opportunity to have more meaning and purpose in your career. Join us find out how you can start doing your life's best work. (sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: network management, manager, supervisor, contracting, provider relations, Washington state, Seattle, Tacoma, Vancouver, Olympia, Spokane, WA, telecommute, remote, work from home