DescriptionThe Manager, Network Administration provides technical expertise in the management of a public and/or private network; tests and analyzes network facilities, including network control software, routers, switches, lines, modems, adapters and servers. The Manager, Network Administration works within specific guidelines and procedures; applies advanced technical knowledge to solve moderately complex problems; receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines approach, resources, schedules and goals.
The Manager, Network Administration installs, supports and/or maintains LANs and/or WANs; evaluates and recommends networking product and software upgrades. Performs technical analyses of software, hardware and transmission facilities using various diagnostic tools in support of efficient network operations. Monitors data traffic and controls network resource performance to ensure high-quality transmission. Identifies, diagnoses and resolves technical problems related to network failure/integrity and usage of PC hardware and software. Decisions are typically related to resources, approach, and tactical operations for projects and initiatives involving own departmental area. Requires cross departmental collaboration, and conducts briefings and area meetings; maintains frequent contact with other managers across the department.
Humana is seeking a Network Fabric Engineering Manager who will lead an engineering team with the responsibility and accountability to develop, deliver, and ensure supportability for the enterprise network fabric. This is an exciting opportunity for forward-looking technology leaders to make key contributions to the evolution and transformation of the company’s networks toward next-generation technologies. This is a critical role within Humana’s IT organization responsible for the engineering and design, planning, implementation, and establishment of operational and maintenance programs to deliver best-in-class next generation network infrastructure. This includes optimizing all aspects of network eco-system, including performance, resiliency, availability, resource utilization and innovation. This person will drive implementation of standards and lifecycle processes. This person will be responsible for leveraging state-of-the-art virtualization, automation, and other software-defined networking (SDN) technologies to develop and deliver a robust, scalable, network eco-system. He/she will work with various leaders across the enterprise to coordinate network solutions to meet challenges of technology, regulatory, security, and competitive conditions.The scope includes:
- Network fabric for the internal Data Centers / Private Cloud platforms supporting multiple software defined network overlay technologies;
- Connectivity solutions for supporting a hybrid cloud environment;
- Remote site and campus network technology to support SDWAN implementations;
- Internal company wireless connectivity;
- WAN circuit topology and telco/carrier technical integration;
- Remote user network end point technology.
Engineering responsibilities include:
- Design for new solutions;
- Standard solution configuration;
- Technology roadmap development, management, and maintenance;
- Implementation strategies, plans, and execution;
- Capacity and performance planning;
- Integration with related engineering efforts;
- Definition and development of operational KPIs and metrics;
- Escalation support for production issues;
- Continuous knowledge and skills improvement for the team.
- BS/BA, preferably in a technical or scientific field;
- 5 or more years of network management experience;
- Network engineering certification such as CCNA through CCIE or the equivalent;
- Experience with implementing and operating a software-defined network environment, especially VMWare NSX;
- Experience with implement and operating software defined WAN solutions (SDWAN, NFV, etc.);
- Experience managing telco carrier vendors;
- Experience interfacing and integrating business and technical requirements;
- Project and/or program management experience;
- Experience implementing, integrating, and managing public and private cloud platforms.
You will have 8-15 direct reports, and you will report to a Technology Director. This area is under the leadership of the SVP & Chief Information Officer.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40