PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Drive prototypical building innovation and implement brand driven architectural initiatives. Oversee outside architectural consultants and assist in company and franchisee architectural support. Support company and franchisee development working cross functionally with Real Estate, Construction, Franchise Development, and Franchise Services. Duties and responsibilities include preliminary space planning, develop test-fit plans, prepare preliminary design drawings, coordination of signage design, assist in reviewing the architect and engineer construction documents for conformity to design brand standards.
- Manage and develop prototype building plans, corporate architecture manuals, and imagery guides, including Kit Of Parts options and alternatives for corporate and franchisee development, including research, design, and planning in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Source, hire, train, manage, and cultivate relationships with 'prototype' architects. Review scope of work, timelines, and fee proposals.
- Create kitchen and seating layouts for non-traditional venues (in-lines, end caps, mall spaces, conversions, etc.). Include record keeping within Development tracking system.
- Develop and maintain guide sets for new stores, alternative venues and remodels. Provide 'brand imagery' and minimum design requirements for Successor Licenses. Direct outside resources to maintain and distribute.
- Train and coach outside design consultants, vendors, and suppliers to support company and franchisee development.
- Counsel and advise franchisees on the best building solutions and methods for their specific locations to meet their development goals.
- Provide best in class Photoshop imagery for remodels, conversions and alternative venues, which give architectural 'brand imagery' direction.
- Create new imagery and designs, such as renderings, new venue models, and other presentation materials for Franchise Sales, which can also be used by Training, Communications and Operations in training materials and presentations.
- Value engineer and evolve the Arby's prototype. Research new, cost-saving materials and methods of construction.
- Provide architectural support for new company rollouts, serve as department liaison collaborating with Operations, Engineering, ARCOP, Marketing and IT.
- Proficient in reading and understanding construction documents (all disciplines).
- Identify and coordinate all non-compliance issues with each BWW Construction Manager assigned.
- Must be able to manage a significant workload and effectively prioritize projects with minimal direction.
- Ability to quickly develop preliminary floor plans, elevations, site plans and building sections.
- Ability to review and coordinate multiple CD reviews.
- Must possess clear written and verbal communications
- Perform work in a timely and professional manner
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to take direction and follow through multi-step project steps/procedures consistently
- Ability to succinctly provide project and workload status reports to Director of Store Design on a frequent and on-going basis.
Required Minimum: A two year associate/technical degree in related field with 5+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in design and project management experience working for an architecture or design-build firm preferably focusing on retail/restaurant design.
Preferred: Bachelor of Architecture -- 5 year accredited
5 years of commercial restaurant/hospitality construction document development and project management experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS or ABILITIES: 5 years AutoCAD experience, Photoshop, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.