For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
If you are located in the Southeast Middle Tennessee area, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Clinical operations across the continuum of care (assessing, planning, implementing, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating)
- Case management and coordination of care
- Takes lead role in setting direction and participating in or developing new programs
- Sets team direction, resolves problems and provides guidance to members of the team
- Ensures team meets established performance metrics and performance guarantees
- Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address business and operational challenges
Occasional travel to Memphis.
- Current, unrestricted RN license in the State or Licensed Social worker
- Minimum of 3+ years experience as a manager
- 3+ years experience in a hospital setting, acute care, direct care experience or experience as a telephonic Case Manager for an insurance company
- Basic level of experience with Microsoft Word, with the ability to navigate a Windows environment
- A background in managed care
- Case Management experience
- Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- Experience / exposure with discharge planning
- Experience in utilization review, concurrent review and / or risk management
- Strong organizational skills and multitasking abilities will be keys to success
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Nurse, Discharge Planning, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Remote, Southeast Middle, Brentwood, TN, Tennessee