The Manager of Case Management for the STAR Kids program will manage staff that supports care of members in their homes or other community settings by completing in-person health assessments and coordinating patient care, focusing on disease management and keeping members healthy and independent.
If you are located in Bell County, Texas, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Support clinical operations across the continuum of care (assessing, planning, implementing, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating)
- Engage in case management and coordination of care, supporting Service Coordinator team members in the field
- Takes lead role in setting direction and participating in or developing new programs
- Sets team direction, resolves problems and provides guidance to members of the team
- Ensures team meets established performance metrics and performance guarantees
- Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address business and operational challenges
- Plans, organizes, and oversees staff to ensure timely completion of assessments
- Oversees the department's daily staffing requirements to meet program standards
- Implements and interprets organizational policies and procedures, reviews work of staff to ensure that policies and guidelines are appropriately applied
- Other duties as assigned to support team
- Current, unrestricted RN license in the State of Texas
- 5+ years of RN experience of in a hospital setting, acute care, direct care case management, home health care or clinical experience in acute / rehab / or long term care setting
- Experience in pediatric populations
- Demonstrated supervisory or management experience with responsibility for team performance management
- Solid experience with MS office including Word, Excel and Outlook with proficient ability to navigate in a Windows environment
- Strong organizational skills and multitasking abilities will be keys to success
- A background in managed care
- Medicare and / or Medicaid experience
- Case Management experience
- Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- Experience / exposure with discharge planning
- Experience in utilization review, concurrent review and / or risk management
- Experience with MDCP (Medically Dependent Children’s Program) or CCP (Community Coalition Programs)
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: RN, registered nurse, management, managed care, case management, CCM, Medicaid Waver, MDCP, pediatrics, field based, home care, complex case management, managed care, discharge planning, risk management, bilingual, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Telecommute, Bell County, Killeen, TX, Texas, TXSTARKIDS