Founded in 1971, Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. is an Omni channel retailer offering a wide selection of domestics merchandise and home furnishings. The Company’s mission is to be trusted by its customers as the expert for the home and “heart-related” life events. These include certain life events that evoke strong emotional connections such as getting married, moving to a new home, having a baby, going to college and decorating a room, which the Company supports through its wedding and baby registries, new mover and student life programs, and its design consultation services.
The Manager of CRM Strategy & Insights will be a critical center point for Bed Bath & Beyond’s continued transformation into a customer-centered, multi-channel marketing organization. The Manager of CRM will oversee prospecting, segmentation, testing and optimization of multi-channel marketing programs to support key business objectives for Customer Lifestages including Wedding, Baby, Mover and College.
- Audience Insights – Partner with Analytics team, other business groups, and third parties to develop marketplace and customer insights. Build and utilize customer dashboards and other reporting.
- Prospecting – Identify and test new prospect source opportunities. Influence processes for data flow and tracking of each prospect source. Analyze impact and attribution.
- Segmentation – Manage audience selection strategies and approaches for targeted programs. Monitor file size and troubleshoot gaps in customer contactability.
- Recommend and Launch New Programs – Make informed recommendations and put forth creative ideas for new programs to support the growth of lifestages business. Gain buy-in from leadership and cross-functional partners. Collaborate and coordinate within and across teams to kick-start and execute new program
- Test and Measurement – Develop test and measurement plans to optimize existing programs in support of lifestage business objectives.
- CRM Program Management – Manage the execution and analysis of all targeted marketing programs including ongoing trigger programs, welcome series, social custom audience campaigns, etc. Track and share performance trends and insights; make recommendations for program enhancements.
- Data Enablement – Partner with Analytics to streamline the collection of customer data across a variety of audience touchpoints and lead efforts to make specific customer data actionable by Marketing (e.g. Customer Preference Center and opt out requirements).
- Personalization – Support broader company focus on personalization; scale personalized programs for each lifestage as needed.
- Budgeting and Roadmapping – Manage the CRM budget for each lifestage. Inform, influence and maintain CRM roadmaps. Partner with cross-functional teams to prioritize initiative
- Bachelors degree required - MBA in Marketing, Finance or Statistics preferred
- 5+ years experience in a direct marketing or management consulting position for a company in an industry with an established reputation for direct marketing excellence (e.g. Retail, financial services, hospitality, telecom, publishing, marketing, etc.)
- 2+ years of CRM or marketing analytics experience preferred.
- CRM/Loyalty program development including detailing functional requirements, developing features/rewards, creating communication strategies, and evaluating program ROI performance.
- Must be a proven cross functional team leader and project manager who can interface with all levels including Senior Management.
- Experience in Direct Marketing test design and analysis
- Proven ability to recommend, launch and optimize marketing programs.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Must be technically proficient and knowledgeable in architecture that gathers customer information and feeds database solutions that drives and supports CRM strategies.
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of response management & tracking.
- Have strong thought leadership skills coupled with excellent collaborative and influencing traits. Ability to act as a change agent within the organization.
- Ability to recognize critical business needs and determine an appropriate course of action while remaining focused on strategic intent.
- Must have in-depth knowledge and skill in business and management principles involved in strategy and organizational planning, and leadership techniques.
- Superior analytical skills; both quantitative and qualitative.
- Prior experience developing or working with a customer database preferred.
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.