Department:OH1MH_75000_001 Distribution Services Mce
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we work to continuously inspire one another. Here, all are welcome. It is this culture of humility and compassion that sets Mount Carmel apart. We see the big picture and do the right thing. That means a dedication to the well-being our both our colleagues and the patients they serve.
Job Description Details:
In accordance with the Mission and Guiding Behaviors, the Manager, Distribution and Linen Services supervises all Distribution Services function and employees at assigned facility and
manages the Linen Services function and employees system wide.
Responsible for the 24 hours a day 7 days a week operations of both departments as well as departmental budgeting, revenue production, cost containment, productivity and training of employees. Distribution services responsibilities include the mail room operations, central inventory control and receiving. Linen responsibilities include system wide linen utilization
monitoring, intervention and education.
- Coordinates the activities of the assigned facility Distribution Services department and system wide Linen Services department.
- Establishes and is responsible for department goals, performance standards, policies and procedures, and job descriptions. Observes and evaluates the performance, ability, technical skill and development of Distribution Services employees to maintain a level of quality, service and productivity.
- Establishes departmental budgets and uses management skills in the most effective allocation of budgeted resources. Monitors the efficiency of Distribution Services and Linen Services operations and where necessary makes operational and organizational changes. Assures that supplies and equipment are properly charged appropriate revenue generated and accounted for.
- Establishes quality standards based on regulatory requirements and implements systems to monitor, review, record and report those standards. Ensures that all functions meet or exceed regulatory requirements.
- College graduate or technical equivalency required. Equivalent work experience may be considered as a substitute for education requirement.
- Minimum of 5 years experience working in a hospital supply setting or other progressive Supply Chain related environment.
- Must possess an understanding andworking knowledge of inventory management, high volume order picking and processing, logistics planning, receiving, distribution and issue and charge control, patient care supplies, equipment, and patient transportation techniques.
- Minimum of 3 years experience providing healthcare linen services to multiple facilities. Experience may be in laundry operations, linen distribution or both. Minimum of three (3) years experience in manpower supervision of performance level personnel.
- Must hold a valid Ohio Driver's license and be willing to operate a motor vehicle as assigned.
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or physical ability.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.